Phone Won't Turn On

fraizr

May 21, 2012
Visit site
HTC Sensation 4g. I have had a similar issue before although the phone turned on after about a minute of charging. My phone died while I was sleeping and went to charge it this morning. After about 30 minutes of charging (LED works while charging, and is now yellow/green instead of red) I attempted to turn it on. It vibrates once as it usually does when it turns on, however nothing appears on the screen, and the LED turns off (as it usually does when you power on). Waiting 5 minutes and nothing happens, have to remove battery and put in again to continue charging. Thank you for any input in advance!

Drogynous

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Similar problem here. My Sensation 4G was working as usual -- not great, but same as always -- and the screen suddenly went black as I was moving it from one charger to another, as I do a few times every day. (Same chargers I've used for a very long time. The phone won't stay on very long when anything's running on it if it's not plugged in.) I plugged it in to the charger as usual, and the charge light came on but won't stay on; seems to light up (orange, never green) and go off at regular intervals of maybe 10 or 15 seconds, though I've never seen it do that before. The phone won't turn on at all. I couldn't call it from a landline, either -- straight to voicemail, no ring. I've tried a hard reboot, finally just pulled everything out and put it back in: battery, SIM card, SD card, the works. Nothing. Won't turn on. Now what? I've been tempted to smash it with a sledgehammer for quite a while now anyway, but will continue to restrain myself if replacing the battery might help. Or anything else. Has anyone managed to fix this? Please please hope hope? Is this about my death threats? (To the phone, I mean. Just the phone.)

Oh, yeah -- I upgraded to ICS yesterday. Probably significant. I guess. But I saw improvement for an entire day before it quit on me.

Drogynous

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Update on my phone-will-not-turn-on problem/disaster: Orange charge light now flashes every 3 seconds. Phone still won't turn on. But is this progress? Or is this death throes?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21