Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Zhara
  • 2 Post By thatkid2s
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Help removing continuously downloading file from status bar

I downloaded a few pictures from my gmail (from a known sender, a good friend) but one of the items never successfully downloaded and I can't figure out how to cancel the download or clear it from my status bar. The little "down arrow" is constantly showing in the status bar, I can't clear it and I can't figure out how to force close it. I have also cleared the cache of my gmail, and turned off the phone and removed the battery. Every time I turn it back on, that icon is still there and it looks like it is attempting to download, but never finishes.

thanks for any suggestions.

Global Posts
    454 Global Posts
    ROM
    Insert Coin 5.5

Default Re: Help removing continuously downloading file from status bar

Go into the app drawer and open the downloads application. Should have all your downloads in there, Find your offending download and delete it. It should be gone from the notification bar.

Press and hold the bar that is showing as stuck in your downloads bar... when it wiggles drag to the left...

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

Has this been solved yet? I've attempted both of the suggestions and neither have worked. It is becoming quite annoying. Thank you in advance.
    Queendroid

Global Posts
    910 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrleaf View Post
    Has this been solved yet? I've attempted both of the suggestions and neither have worked. It is becoming quite annoying. Thank you in advance.
    Try going into your running apps list and force stop download manager and/or gmail (or whatever app you're downloading the file from).
    Thanked by:
    aashtee likes this.

Have you tried to reboot your phone?

from Evo4GLTE on Android Central

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zhara View Post
    Try going into your running apps list and force stop download manager and/or gmail (or whatever app you're downloading the file from).
    I just came in here to state that I tried just that. Initially I just cleared the data from my gmail app. But what finally worked was going into settings>apps>all apps> and clicked download manager. I then force stopped it and cleared data and cache. It is now gone. Thank you guys for the ridiculously fast responses.

Matt

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury81 View Post
    Have you tried to reboot your phone?

from Evo4GLTE on Android Central
    Yes. I tried a normal reboot and even a few batter pulls. Nothing worked until I tried the previously mentioned. Thanks for the response, my man!

I just came in here to state that I tried just that. Initially I just cleared the data from my gmail app. But what finally worked was going into settings>apps>all apps> and clicked download manager. I then force stopped it and cleared data and cache. It is now gone. Thank you guys for the ridiculously fast responses.

Matt
    Got annoyed with the same situation, was on the verge of resetting the phone, just to get rid of that unwanted notification. Thanks mate...!

I was getting frustrated with the same thing and force stopping the download manager was such a quick solution!!
    Thanks guys!!

Thumbs up Re: Help removing continuously downloading file from status bar

Thanks for the post Matt. That was the only thing that worked for me!

Cool Re: Help removing continuously downloading file from status bar

thank you soo much . I finally got rid of that annoying notification.

Thanks alot lot lot dude..... i was strugling because of the same proble whole day...now its gone....

Thanks! That worked for me too!

no need to force stop, only clear the cache

Matt
    Thanx Matt!!! Worked like a charm!!

Hey Thanks sooo much ! This was such a relief..it worked force stopping the download manager in All of Manage apps.

this has been going on for 6 weeks, i have Android ICS 4.0.4

did everything from clearing cache, data and going to download and deleting everything. i don't see the filename anywhere in my device and it still continues to be in my status bar after reset, battery pull...

i cant download or update all my apps because it is detecting that i'm still downloading this file and the updates are just queueing...

help please

Hi.... even im facing same problem in my "icecream sandwich", i tried to resolve it by same suggestion bt i didnt found download manager in my device. When I go to settings i found application manager only... can u plz help me...

Quote Originally Posted by thatkid2s View Post

Matt
    Hi.... even im facing same problem in my "icecream sandwich", i tried to resolve it by same suggestion bt i didnt found download manager in my device. When I go to settings i found application manager only... can u plz help me...

Going to Download manager and stopping downloads and clearing or whatever the previous said finally worked. Thanks.

This didnt work out for me...plzz suggest something fast as am gettin very much irritated because of this