Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By greatgoogly
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Latest Update to Google Maps Causes reboots

It seems that the latest update to Maps (august 16) has made Google Maps/Navigation unusable on many HTC phones. I've seen a couple references to problems with Samsung phones, but the main comments on the review section of Google Play mentions HTC devices. Wonder what got screwed up, hopefully it gets fixed soon, but if it is as I suspect a HTC incompatibility issue then I'm betting it will be a long time before it's fixed as HTC points and Google and Google points at HTC. Anyone on stock ICS seeing the crashes when opening Google Navigation. Actually on mine the device doesn't just crash it reboots the entire phone. Ugggh...
    HeyBob likes this.

Default Re: Latest Update to Google Maps Causes reboots

Yes, this sucks.. I had over 10 reboots while doing site visits for my job starting on the 16th. I'm lucky I didn't crash myself messing with it while driving in the city with no where to park whenever it would crash. This is on an HTC Sensation. I just wasted a huge amount of time adding many sites to "My Places" starring them and finally having them show up on my phone . Am not trying to lose my job over this. Now it crashes within 5 minutes after starting navigation up even if just sitting stationary in my house . Have done a master reset etc. and no extra apps other than the bloatware I'm forced to have by tmobile. I might as well be using a jitterbug.

ROM
    gingerbread/ICS

Ok I just now realized that it was google maps that was crashing my phone. I was about to have tmobile replace it cuz i thought it was broke. Damn near got lost the other day cuz of this.

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

This keeps happening on my Xoom tablet....after update every time I go to open Maps or Latitude it reboots my tablet. I tried uninstalling most recent update but it still reboots. Anyone else having this issue on their Motorola Xoom tablet?