I'm a rookie and need your help people!
I just got my hands on a an HTC Sensation 4G Blaze a couple of days ago with the intent of installing the Cyanogenmod on it. I've never gone through the process of installing a custom ROM before and have temporarily bricked my phone (at least I believe that's the case). I was able to successfully root the phone by following the instructions from the HTC One X All-In-One Kit v1.0. Unfortunately, I wasn't aware that I was supposed to switch my phone to S-OFF mode before attempting to load the custom ROM. Now when I try to turn my phone on normally it hangs and can only be turned off by removing the battery. I can press and hold the Power button and Down button to enter HBOOT and access Clockwork Mod through the recovery option.
Is there any way that I can still install a custom ROM on this phone? If there isn't, is there a way to get this phone to boot up for the stock T-Mobile settings? I've been going through these forums for the last couple of days and can't seem to find the answer to my question.
- 10-07-2012, 09:34 PM #3
Re: I'm a rookie and need your help people!
Sorry to hear of your problems. Yeah it is generally easier to be s-off before installing a custom ROM. There could be various issues. Try to make sure you have the appropriate radio image also. The issue at hand as I understand it is if you are still s-on, you can still probably load a custom ROM if you use fastboot and install the boot.img partition manually after installing a ROM from recovery. Check xda-developers also for in depth guides. Good luck. If you want to go back to the T-Mobile stock ROM, on xda there is also a guide for that.
- By Estylo in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 11Last Post: 07-22-2010, 10:07 PM
- By resplendent2209 in forum Google / HTC Nexus OneReplies: 4Last Post: 06-11-2010, 11:14 PM
- By Droid_Moment in forum The Android Central LoungeReplies: 2Last Post: 04-28-2010, 11:52 PM
- By Dcm210 in forum Motorola BackflipReplies: 1Last Post: 04-13-2010, 11:57 PM
- By cairnsx5 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 8Last Post: 03-05-2010, 12:49 AM