Phone randomly "rings" when no one is calling

GB333

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Ever since t-mobile pushed the upgrade to Android 4.0.3 to my phone, I've had some bizarre problems. The most annoying one is that my phone "rings" when no one is calling. It just randomly sounds the ringtone. There is no way to stop it except to turn the volume down - and often it will immediately start "ringing" again, having turned the volume back up all by itself! It just did it three times in a row this morning. I eventually pulled the battery out to stop the cycle. Again, no one is calling and there is no way to "answer" it - it's just sounding the ringtone for no reason at all. Any ideas?

I've had this phone for almost two years and it's only recently started giving me headaches. My contract is up in June and I will be leaving t-mobile and I'd like to be able to sell this phone, as it's in great shape. It just seems to be a little bit possessed! :mad: Thoughts are appreciated!!!

bkukes8125

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
Same thing happens to my HTC Thunderbolt and I'm with Verizon. Just will rings a ring tone for no reason. Like you said, there is no one there and no way to stop it. Bugs me too.

Gab Matarazzo

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
My Galaxy S4 just started doing the same exact thing also! Its doing this quite often, and very annoying. Ive restarted, shut down then on, took battery out..nothing seems to stop this. I have no water damage, and I am very careful with the my phone. Is there an answer of how to fix it??

:'( :mad: :confused:

Rory Fyfe

May 2, 2015
Visit site
For me it was Skype.

I got the problem after I started using Skype. Random ringing combined with problems charging and ringing when I plugged in the charger. Force stopped Skype and the problem went away.

Trudijane

Jan 9, 2017
Visit site
Hello,
I have the same issue occurring with my iPhone 5S. Don't remember when it started, but I have T-moblile and my phone rings at random times when noone is calling, sometimes when I'm using the device - other times not.

It just rings once and then stops. It even happens in the middle of the night (not that it bothers me since the phone is in another room). How do I find out what's happening.

Thank you
Trudi

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hello,
I have the same issue occurring with my iPhone 5S. Don't remember when it started, but I have T-moblile and my phone rings at random times when noone is calling, sometimes when I'm using the device - other times not.

It just rings once and then stops. It even happens in the middle of the night (not that it bothers me since the phone is in another room). How do I find out what's happening.

Thank you
Trudi

Welcome to Android Central! You may want to post your question over here instead: iPhone, iPad, iPod Forums at iMore.com

Mica Jeong

Dec 3, 2017
Visit site
It just happened to me just now -_- i got annoyed and turned on airplane mode hahaha i saw from forums that it was the gmail? And to change the password so i changed it.

D24h6793

Apr 13, 2018
Visit site
I also get that problem aswell.
I have a Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017 version) Im with O2.
Since the update ive had phantom calls on my phone mainly at 1.23 each morning for the last week and the only way i can turn it off is if i turn my phone off. Im getting annoyed of it as when i look at my phone there is no one there. Please help Thanks.

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
It just happened to me just now -_- i got annoyed and turned on airplane mode hahaha i saw from forums that it was the gmail? And to change the password so i changed it.
Mica, did this fix the problem?

My Galaxy S9+ (256Gb unlocked on Verizon) currently suffers from the phantom call too, and I'm looking for the answer to stop it. Thankfully I am able to silence it (I don't know which button clears it, because I've just pressed them all - but I think the power button clears it).

Any answers would be welcome. There doesn't seem to be anything solid coming out of this several year old thread...

Hazem_bensassi

Jan 23, 2019
Visit site
I had the same issue, and I figured out that my phone is still connected to Google Home assistant that I left at my previous flat. My ex flatmate was asking it to find his phone and that caused the random rings I received.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1