Bluetooth and wifi problems with HTC Sensation
My HTC Sensation wifi stopped some time ago, the phone was rooted when I picked it up 2nd hand, and I had no knowledge of how to fix it except reboot the device which fixed nothing. The Bluetooth stopped working soon after, so I took it to a tech friend who was able to re-install the stock os, but the wifi still does not work (says "error"). The Bluetooth is back, it can connect to devices, but I get audio only, microphone is not working, Help! Rebooting has not resolved the issues. I read somewhere that the upgrade to ICS os is the culprit. Can someone in the know please tell me what the problem is or suggest any ideas on how to fix this? Thank you!
- 07-01-2013, 03:11 AM #2
Re: Bluetooth and wifi problems with HTC Sensation - might be a failing battery
I had similar problems with my Sensation (after two years). In my case it was a bulging (failing) battery.
Open up your back cover, and have a look at your battery. Does it sit flat in the compartment? Can you wiggle it (you should not be able to do so)? As all the antennae are on the back cover, the bulging battery lets the contacts loose tension. In my case it was the GPS that lost contact first. Pushing firmly on the back top right (when looking from the front), did get me GPS fixes and releasing did make them go away soon. And the battery did clearly wobble on a flat table.
A replacement battery (original) was cheaply purchased over the Internet and did restore my Sensation to working condition.
- 01-23-2014, 11:38 AM #3
- By MichaelAEV in forum Android ApplicationsReplies: 0Last Post: 02-06-2013, 10:37 PM
- By baygolf in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 2Replies: 3Last Post: 12-18-2012, 07:55 PM
- By bverdon in forum HP TouchpadReplies: 11Last Post: 01-12-2012, 12:22 AM
- By storino03 in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 2Last Post: 01-19-2011, 06:01 PM
- By Mysticum in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 0Last Post: 08-01-2010, 08:15 AM