1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sensation 4 HTC - advanced task killer - apps constantly opening on their own , even after killing t

hi, when i open my advanced task killer app, it shows alot of apps open, i kill them all, instantly google+, dropbox, fourrsquare, slacker , notes, and more open up..
    i dont open them... i understand some like dropbox or mightytext may need to be running to work, but cant the run when im actually using them? and how do i stop them from running on their own, especially when i kill them?
    and how do i delete some of these pre-installed app, like slacker radio, i dont use it, but i cant see where to uninstall it?
    thanks
    m

Default Re: Sensation 4 HTC - advanced task killer - apps constantly opening on their own , even after killi

I suggest you read this excellent article describing how Android handles apps and memory: RAM: What it is, how it's used, and why you shouldn't care | Android Central

As for your pre-installed apps (aka bloatware), you generally can't uninstall them unless you root the phone. If you're running Android 4.0 or higher, you can disable the app by going to the Settings menu/Apps/All, selecting the app in question, and tapping Disable if the option is available. This won't remove the app, but will prevent it from opening.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Sensation 4 HTC - advanced task killer - apps constantly opening on their own , even after killi

thanks so much. ill check it out, and im looking into how hard it is to root a phone.
    never done it, but im a computer guy, as well as have replaced screens/digitizers, etc...

Sounds like it shouldn't be too difficult for you--have fun!
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

thanks, ill read it today.
    m