Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree12Likes

Default Re: System UI has stopped working

I looked and found the same app. I don't remember and I am I didn't download. Forced stopped for time being. Thanks for the fyi and heads up

Thanks for the advice! I disabled the face lock app and haven't run into that pestering notification since. Definitely the solution.

Posted via Android Central App

Disabling face unlock did nothing for me. It's a facebook app issue. Uninstall and problem solved.

You're right..it worked for a couple hours then ui stopped again.

I had disabled face lock and it took care of the ui message, but now I am having the same message as the above post when I open fb. So, I am going to uninstall the fb updates and turn face lock back on. The only problem is, I can't find face lock anywhere. Where do I locate this?

To enable facelock, just go back to settings > apps > all > and scroll down to the very bottoms. Select face unlock which will say disabled on the far right in light gray print, and then select enable.

Go to your setting go to your apps then go to facebook and uninstall the updates from facebook and your good

Thanks for the help locating the face lock. I noticed this morning that Facebook was updated on Sept 30th.
    I updated the app, and so far there have been no issues.

I have a HTC Desir s and this mornig i have installed the anti-theft of avast mobyle securety and i've the same your problem.

also unistalled the app my phone have this problem D:

who are the solution?

plese answer me my phone have also other bug : ( : (

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn Boutilier View Post
    Same thing is happening to me...same time frame...same phone. My wallpaper is also going blank and then returning during this error. The only recent change I made was downloading Scout to replace TeleNav but I've removed it and I'm still getting the error.
    i have HTC sensation XL i have the same problem what should i do?

Im also using HTC Sensation XE mobile, Now im also face this System ""UI has stopped working"" error, i thin this is common fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Jo5329 View Post
    I found an app ( Settings / Apps / All ) called Face Lock. I didn't know what it was so did a search. I disabled it. I did not reboot just disabled it. No error messages since. That was 3 hours ago. They were happening even when it was just laying there. I just took a bunch of pictures and then put them in photogrid to upload to Instagram and no error message and the battery is full green. (crossing my fingers)

I have installed the last version of facebook but idon't find Face Unlock. Someone else can be done?

I'm having the same issue on HTC Velocity, only started doing so today 25/10/2013 and found these forums. It's happening when opening apps like Instagram, Youtube, Facebook. I have disabled Face Unlock from my apps and not had the error occur since but that was only 20 minutes ago

Exactly what's happening to my HTC Velocity. Did you find a fix for this? Just started doing so about a week ago.

We just habe to go settings--> Apps --> Facebook. Now we remove all uodstes, what means reset of the Facebook App.

Unfiortanetly Todes i launched fb and it's Not possible any mode to Check the News, they want me to update... Does anyone has a way to keep on using fb without the New update?

I had got this problem with my sensation xe some months ago and got help from htc, london...
    only one solve for this problem, you have to do harware reset and not from android menu ...
    atention - you must backup all data before you do hardware reset... unfortunately not other solve for this problem... you know, at the moment, my system ui not restarting for the past two days... ;-)

I had got this problem with my sensation xe some months ago and got help from htc, london...
    only one solve for this problem, you have to do harware reset and not from android menu ... real harware reset
    atention - you must backup all data before you do hardware reset... unfortunately not other solve for this problem... you know, at the moment, my system ui not restarting for the past two days... ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by bakes77 View Post
    Can someone please help me. I have a HTC sensation with Android version 4.0.3.

For the past 3 days I have the error message " system UI has stopped working" then my status bar dissapears for about 10 seconds, then it is back to normal.

This seems to be happening around 4-5 times a day, but just today I have noticed it happens every time I tap on a facebook notification within the status bar.

I have gone to the app in the setting to try and clear data and cache but these options are greyed out and not available.

Does anyone know a quick fix for this without resetting my phone?

Thanks in advance

You have to do hardware reset... there isn't other solve fot this problem...unfortunately...imagine, my system ui dessapiared two days ago ;-)... and now I'm making backups to do reset my sensation xe.....
    Quote Originally Posted by sandun nandana View Post
    Im also using HTC Sensation XE mobile, Now im also face this System ""UI has stopped working"" error, i thin this is common fault.

Quote Originally Posted by AMBER LEIGH View Post
    I have the Vivid as well, and also having the same issue. Can u explain a little more detail how u fixed it?

I've had this problem with my HTC Sensation 4G ever since the update to 4.0.3. (Tho I didn't have it long before the update, so I don't know if it did it before.) I don't use Facebook from my handset (don't like the FB/Sense integration), but the Sense UI crashing would happen nearly every time I used the App Store app or Chrome, when I quit them.

I've gone into Settings -> Apps -> All Apps and disabled "Face Unlock". I hope that cures it. It's not a show-stopper, but it's annoying.

ETA: Initial results look encouraging: Went into Play Store and updated two apps (Dolphin browser and Moon+ Reader). Exited. Went back into Play Store and installed Chrome. Exited. No UI crashes, either time. Went into Chrome. Looked up a term and followed a link. Exited. No UI crash. Went back into Chrome, opened three tabs, using links off the search results, perusing each page before going back to the search results and opening the next. Exited. No UI crash
    Last edited by Old Stoneface; 11-16-2013 at 11:24 AM.

Update: Disabling Face Unlock didn't stop the UI crashing problem entirely, for me, but it does happen a lot less frequently than it did beforehand.

Another Vivid owner here with the same problem. I have the latest version of FB (11/30 update) and it still does it, FB app & messenger causes the crash.

Uninstall Facebook, try to recreate the "system ui has stopped" error. You should not be able too. Then power cycle the handset, reinstall faceboook and you should be all fixed. If the issue starts again after reinstating Facebook then uninstall it again and repeat or just use the browser to sign in..

Funny thing is I dont use facebook on my phone, so that cant be an issue why I am getting the UI error

Quote Originally Posted by tahitianflower View Post
    Yeah, I have the Android 3d as well. It started on my husbands phone two days ago, now mine. I noticed it when I opened facebook today.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123