Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question HTC Sensation Vs. Pyramid

Overall, I am liking the new name, but I thought that "Pyramid" was more unique sounding. Perhaps it stood out more from every other phone name? What do you think about the new Sensation name vs HTC Pyramid? Better? Worse? Just curious.

Global Posts
    1,158 Global Posts
    ROM
    The 1 with the GEEBEES

Pyramid is mostly likely the codename. All these devices have codenames.

Global Posts
    1,579 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

The phone looks great those a Verizon LTE verizon would be better, however still going t be a great phone. I own HTC Thunderbolt the dual-core process really doesn't make me envious at all. Those the new htc sense looks processing with gingerbread looks nice. Well will be able to have sense with our Thunderbolt soon enough those it does make want to wait and see rather than switching to CM7 when it comes out. I like HTC Sense I just don't like how it adds to all already demanding battery drainer the Thunderbolt. I can wait for couple month before making my decision.
    Google is for the people and by the people. Android is for the people and by the tech people. Nexus is for the geeks and by the geeks.
    Solve
    [Nexus (A) + the latest and greatest tech] < [Nexus (B) + the best proven and optimize tech]
    Answer
    Nexus (A) is less than Nexus (B)
    Nexus (B) is greater than Nexus (A)
    ______

Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

For some reason sensation just makes me want it more.
    Devices Past to Present
    • Blackberry Bold 9000
    • HTC Aria
    • Samsung Captivate
    • Google Nexus S
    • Moto Xoom

ROM
    LeeDrOiD HD

Did anyone notice something fishy about the "Unibody" thingy?
    THE "ENTIRE" BACK POPS OUT (including the Aluminium part) when removing the battery/SD Card/SIM Card
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by DarknesSx View Post

Did anyone notice something fishy about the "Unibody" thingy?
    THE "ENTIRE" BACK POPS OUT (including the Aluminium part) when removing the battery/SD Card/SIM Card
    In one of the videos it mentions that this is where the antennae is located? Does that even make sense?

The Thundebolt is that way,the antenna is built into the battery door and connected by metal contacts. Maybe that's why HTC calls it "unibody"? Because the battery door is part of the hardware. Actually it's much better than I originally thought HTC designed it. Now we can get a large OEM extended battery with smoother designed battery door/back plate.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Question applegate II?

Quote Originally Posted by experiment626 View Post
    The Thundebolt is that way,the antenna is built into the battery door and connected by metal contacts. Maybe that's why HTC calls it "unibody"? Because the battery door is part of the hardware. Actually it's much better than I originally thought HTC designed it. Now we can get a large OEM extended battery with smoother designed battery door/back plate.
    If true will there be the potential that our hand/palms will partially block the antennae and cause our number of bars to drop?

Quote Originally Posted by mojosingle View Post
    If true will there be the potential that our hand/palms will partially block the antennae and cause our number of bars to drop?
    Never had or read of that happening on the Bolt.

one of the hands-on actually commented that the current design should prevent that. Don't know if that's true but here's hoping.