So Sensation or wait?

calz

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
So I currently have the cliq and my contract will be up in october of this year. So should I get the Sensation right now or wait it out? Like what features would a phone have in 6 months? Drastic changes or just alil bit more cpu? Help is greatly appreciated, thank you.

Sent from my CLIQ using Tapatalk

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
With the rate that phones are being released it's hard to say what's going to be out in 6 months.

I would almost guarantee that Ice Cream will be out on the phones that are being released in October. That will be the biggest difference. Hardware has settled on dual-core for now, but quad-core is expected late this year or early next year.

You can always wait. Eventually you will just need to pull the trigger and get whatever does what you need/want it to do.

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
^ I agree. I will definitely be waiting for the Sensation. The past 5 months I've been switching phones because I haven't been totally satisfied lol. The Sensation has everything I want and more. Only 2 things I am not crazy about with the Sensation is the lack of a dedicated camera button and 1GB of internal ram. Other than that its, pretty much an idealistic Android phone. I guarantee this phone will still be selling hot in December and early next year.

Have you looked at the G2X? It's running a stock version of Froyo which is a lot of people really love. The reviews praise it for being blazing fast. The hardware doesn't vary that much from the Sensation either. Now I like the new G2X but I'm a major of fan of Sense and with this beast we get Sense 3.0 and a 4.3" screen. :D :D :D

Good Luck!

calz

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
So dualcore is here to stay until possibly next year? and i like sense as well, im just not sure of whether or not there will be major differences. like i know the sensation will get custom roms and ice cream by the devs.

I Monarch

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm most excited for HDMI-mirroring. With the Sensation lacking some good features that the G2X will have, I went for the LG. With MLB At Bat '11, Slingbox, and mirroring, watching the games at work will be easy.

calz

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
The sensation doesn't have mirroring? That will be a big dealbreaker for me, I got to watch my san diego padres :)

Sent from my CLIQ using Tapatalk

Tarwinia

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Well, it has HDMI out (via the MHL microUSB plug) so I assume it has mirroring. And it has been stated that it has video out at 1080p. Personally I would choose this over the LG due to the higher res display and Sense (I like sense).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084