Sensation Tips & Tricks

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Battery life leaving a bad taste in your mouth? Not to happy about something your phone does or doesn't do? Then this is the thread for you. Share your tips to help the rest of the Sensation owners get the most out of their phones. If you find anything you think might be useful for us to know let us know here in this thread dedicated to helping solve our issues :D

Last edited:

HeyBob

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Keep screen on while charging

Like your new home screen, background, or just want easy access to your phone's apps while your phone is on your desk? Frustrated that it always goes locks and turns the screen off while it is plugged in and charging?

Here's the setting to keep your screen on while charging:
Settings -> Applications -> Development -> enable stay awake

Not sure why they would hide this setting under development when you'd think it would be under screen options or power settings... but there it is....

wandafully

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
phone battery

A tip the T-Mo representative told me to maximize my battery life when I first bought my phone was to completely let the battery die out first. Then after charge it to 100% while avoiding to use it or play with it!

Sudo

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
Sitting on the fence.

A tip the T-Mo representative told me to maximize my battery life when I first bought my phone was to completely let the battery die out first. Then after charge it to 100% while avoiding to use it or play with it!

You might want to read up on that idea.
With older technology batteries we had to worry about battery memory and allow them to fully cycle to maintain there full capabilities.
With the newer types of batteries we have now from what I understand now is that if you have a chance to charge it go ahead and plug it in it should not hurt it in any way in fact i have read that now completely draining it is not good so you make your own choices after researching and not always believe what the sales person says.

seanwilliams78

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
You might want to read up on that idea.
With older technology batteries we had to worry about battery memory and allow them to fully cycle to maintain there full capabilities.
With the newer types of batteries we have now from what I understand now is that if you have a chance to charge it go ahead and plug it in it should not hurt it in any way in fact i have read that now completely draining it is not good so you make your own choices after researching and not always believe what the sales person says.

Battery Life apps on Marketplace say the same thing as he did. The one I have recommends letting the battery get to 20% or below before charging to 100% in order to make it a "full cycle charge." (Battery Dr.)

jbrandonf

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Battery Life apps on Marketplace say the same thing as he did. The one I have recommends letting the battery get to 20% or below before charging to 100% in order to make it a "full cycle charge." (Battery Dr.)

Battery Dr. is incorrect then. You don't need a full cycle charge. Two half-discharge and recharge equals one full discharge. You should fully discharge once a month at least to help calibrate the battery levels with the phone.

jbrandonf

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
The best Tip I can give about the browser is...don't use it. If you leave multiple Windows open and leave the browser alone long enough for the phone to clear out its cache, you'll notice that all Windows except for the one you left open are gone.

Use Dolphin browser on the Market..it's fast, supports flash, has plugins you can download, and is highly customizable.

danperde

Not quite a noob
Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: Sensation Tips&Tricks

When you have to set the hour, or time in calendar, or whatever involves time setting, you get the rollers and you have to spin them to set the hour and minutes. On the minutes roller, if you spin it fast it goes on 15 min interval. It will save you some time. :)

Reactions: matthewkreth

opstech

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site

When you have to set the hour, or time in calendar, or whatever involves time setting, you get the rollers and you have to spin them to set the hour and minutes. On the minutes roller, if you spin it fast it goes on 15 min interval. It will save you some time. :)

Love that one. That one really helped. I'm new to Android

jbrandonf

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site

What do these apps say is the benefit of a full charge cycle? I'm going to post some battery help pages when I get home from work. There is so much conflicting information when it comes to battery saving techniques.

kn0t

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site

Battery Dr. is incorrect then. You don't need a full cycle charge. Two half-discharge and recharge equals one full discharge. You should fully discharge once a month at least to help calibrate the battery levels with the phone.
All I know is my battery Life is HORRIBLE. But I still LOVE the phone and have no intention on getting rid of it, I love it. I read some forums and went on amazon.com like they did and looked for this 1900 MaH battery for the Sensation that they were talking about. It's the same size at this one so it doesn't add bulkiness and both of them got all 5 star ratings and the comments said it make a HUGE difference in battery life.Now I don't believe everything I read and all that, but one battery is $11.00 USD and the other is %18.00 USD. So worse case scenario , I drop 20 bucks and have an extra battery to keep on me. Best case scenario , the battery gives my phone another %25. Witch would be great. I think I'm going to take the plunge on payday. When I get it, I'll be sure to post on here how it works and all of that...... :cool:

kn0t

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Re: phone battery

Yea I did the same thing.. drained it and powered it %100 and the battery is still horrible. I did the same on every other phone I've had and the battery worked well. I'm just going to buy that 1900 mah one off of amazon.com.. I hope it works...
Pe@ce,
Kn0t

SirMario

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: phone battery

Yea I did the same thing.. drained it and powered it %100 and the battery is still horrible. I did the same on every other phone I've had and the battery worked well. I'm just going to buy that 1900 mah one off of amazon.com.. I hope it works...
Pe@ce,
Kn0t

Can you tell me the exact battery you guys got from amazon.com?

there are several options, ranging from 10 bucks to 40 bucks,

Regards
-SM

mista_milla78

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site

This may not be for everyone but I shut off all my Facebook & Twitter notifications and have both services send emails for whenever I get comments, @replies, DMs, etc. With both the Twitter app you're using and the Facebook app not pinging every 5 minutes, 10 minutes or however quick or slow you have set it for, you can save a lot of battery life and still get notifications fairly quickly via email. To avoid a bunch of notifications clogging your inbox, you can either delete or archive them once you have been notified.

Anyone verify that the EVO 3D batteries work for the Sensation? I'd be interested in that 1900 mAh battery, link?

SirMario

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site

This may not be for everyone but I shut off all my Facebook & Twitter notifications and have both services send emails for whenever I get comments, @replies, DMs, etc. With both the Twitter app you're using and the Facebook app not pinging every 5 minutes, 10 minutes or however quick or slow you have set it for, you can save a lot of battery life and still get notifications fairly quickly via email. To avoid a bunch of notifications clogging your inbox, you can either delete or archive them once you have been notified.

Anyone verify that the EVO 3D batteries work for the Sensation? I'd be interested in that 1900 mAh battery, link?

Hey brother-man, you can find a 1900 mAh battery here, i am waiting for mine, and its for HTC Sensation
htc battery HDMI cellphone htcexpress - HTCEXPRESS

blahjovic

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site

I bought a 1900 HTC Evo 3D Battery on Amazon.. gave me at least 30% more use for me and my wifes Sensations. I would recommend it to every HTC owner. I don't know why they ship with the battery they do.

Here is the link for the battery I bought:

Amazon.com: CHICHITEC T-mobile AT&T HTC Sensation 4G Cellphone 1900 mAh Battery Slim Design Longer life than OEM also for G14 Z710E BG58100 BA S560: Electronics

mygt8a4re

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site

The battery (1900mah) your most likely hearing about & has been researched & proven rather thoroughly is the ChiChiTec, found at Amazon, HTCexpress, & Ebay....There are 2 options as of late, single battery or 2 batteries with external charger. I have the single battery wich has proven to be far superior over the factory HTC battery. I use it as a stand alone with great results...might opt for the external charger to charge the original battery for those long friday/saturday nights....highly recommend the ChiChiTec 1900 MAH battery!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz