Sensation Tips & Tricks

SirMario

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: Sensation Tips&Tricks

The battery (1900mah) your most likely hearing about & has been researched & proven rather thoroughly is the ChiChiTec, found at Amazon, HTCexpress, & Ebay....There are 2 options as of late, single battery or 2 batteries with external charger. I have the single battery wich has proven to be far superior over the factory HTC battery. I use it as a stand alone with great results...might opt for the external charger to charge the original battery for those long friday/saturday nights....highly recommend the ChiChiTec 1900 MAH battery!!

I agree i have it!

jbrandonf

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site

I bought a 1900 HTC Evo 3D Battery on Amazon.. gave me at least 30% more use for me and my wifes Sensations. I would recommend it to every HTC owner. I don't know why they ship with the battery they do.

Here is the link for the battery I bought:

Amazon.com: CHICHITEC T-mobile AT&T HTC Sensation 4G Cellphone 1900 mAh Battery Slim Design Longer life than OEM also for G14 Z710E BG58100 BA S560: Electronics

My only concern about these non-official batteries is that the true capacity may not be what it says on the packaging. I would like to see results of a battery tester app to see what the real-life capacity is.

rickm8384

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site

I bought this battery and fully charged my phone. According to Battery Calibration app at 100% capacity the size was 1490mAH. Well below the 1900mAH claimed by CHICHITECH.

However, I DO see more life out of this battery than I did out of my stock battery, although under heavy load (i.e. the hour I spend in my morning carpool listening to sports radio and an hour of GPS navigation will suck either battery dry) I still get around 4hours of life max from one full charge cycle.

wapena92

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site

*Turning off "mobile network, WiFi etc" when not in use saves a lot of batterie.... Notifications -> Quick Settings and just checking then off
*Also turning off "auto-sync" really helps, leaving "background data" on is better left on. It will only take affect when connected to a data service, (i.e. WiFi) plus causes less problem when left on with many apps..... Menu -> Settings -> Accounts & sync -> auto-sync checked off.
*and for me using WiFi when ever possible over mobile data seams to cause less strain on the batterie...
*force closing background apps also helps a lot, (I like using "Advance Task Killer" from "ReChild" or manually doing it yourself) which most people know more free memory you have the less the processor drains batterie.
Phones running gingerbread (2.3) don't really let apps stay force closed so well, it seems to bring them back to life lol But keep trying it helps a lot...

Shroomster

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site

I'm getting at least 12 hours (last checked @ 25%) on a stock battery running LeeDrOiD v1.1 and kernel 1.3 woohah! figured since a lot of people were complaining, I'd say a good tip (if you can and know how) is to root the phone :-D

stratagems

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site

I'm getting at least 12 hours (last checked @ 25%) on a stock battery running LeeDrOiD v1.1 and kernel 1.3 woohah! figured since a lot of people were complaining, I'd say a good tip (if you can and know how) is to root the phone :-D

other than rooting and installing LeeDrOiD how did you extend your battery life by so much? I just did this last night but am not sure I removed all the necessary bloatware to notice an improvement.

jbrandonf

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
This is going to sound dumb, but I will risk the humiliation: what does rooted mean???

It means gaining root access to the phones firmware so get permissions that are not ordinarily available. Try using Google if you have any questions about anything tech related.

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Like your new home screen, background, or just want easy access to your phone's apps while your phone is on your desk? Frustrated that it always goes locks and turns the screen off while it is plugged in and charging?

Here's the setting to keep your screen on while charging:
Settings -> Applications -> Development -> enable stay awake

Not sure why they would hide this setting under development when you'd think it would be under screen options or power settings... but there it is....

Good one. I added it to the Getting Started Tips & Tricks section on Setup:

? Applications > Development: Stay awake ON to keep screen on when charging.

Also, if you love your Sensation, Vote for T-Mobile's best Android phone. The Readers CHoice awards poll is still open.

kenman345#AC

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site

I bought this battery and fully charged my phone. According to Battery Calibration app at 100% capacity the size was 1490mAH. Well below the 1900mAH claimed by CHICHITECH.

However, I DO see more life out of this battery than I did out of my stock battery, although under heavy load (i.e. the hour I spend in my morning carpool listening to sports radio and an hour of GPS navigation will suck either battery dry) I still get around 4hours of life max from one full charge cycle.

Dont batteries reach their peak performance after being stretched a few times. Did you check the battery capacity with the calibration app after running it down and charging it fully a few times? did you also turn off your phone while it was plugged in order to make sure it was fully charged? I have the same battery, but have not rooted my phone so i havent tried the calibration software yet. I am curios to know the conditions in which you received this reading.

rickm8384

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Thanks so much for answering!

So since the day I posted that a few more interesting things have happened. Number 1 my phone easily lasts me through the day now (i.e. it stays charging until I leave my house at 8AM and then I typically do not need to recharge it until I get home at around 8PM. That's with 2 hours of listening to the radio on it and moderate calling and texting) but also for some reason the calibration app is STILL reading stupid numbers. On a given day with a full charge (though not with the phone off. I generally only turn the phone off on saturdays) I will get anywhere between 1400 and 1500mAH, well below the advertised 1920mAH.

It's strange no?

provengr8nes

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Some of these batteries i heard are frauds though so you should be careful when buying them. Ive seen people peel the stickers off of a 1900 may battery and it says 1200! :confused:

Double_A26

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I'll add a couple to the list here...

- In an open space, pressing and holding of the screen will bring up the Personalize menu...
- Pressing and holding of the Home button will bring up Recent Programs...
- You can swipe down the notifications bar from the top of the screen, swipe back up to close it...
- Holding the search button will allow you to speak what you are searching for..

palps

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
All I know is my battery Life is HORRIBLE. But I still LOVE the phone and have no intention on getting rid of it, I love it. I read some forums and went on amazon.com like they did and looked for this 1900 MaH battery for the Sensation that they were talking about. It's the same size at this one so it doesn't add bulkiness and both of them got all 5 star ratings and the comments said it make a HUGE difference in battery life.Now I don't believe everything I read and all that, but one battery is $11.00 USD and the other is %18.00 USD. So worse case scenario , I drop 20 bucks and have an extra battery to keep on me. Best case scenario , the battery gives my phone another %25. Witch would be great. I think I'm going to take the plunge on payday. When I get it, I'll be sure to post on here how it works and all of that...... :cool:
I bought a set of two Anker 1900 batteries and a wall charger from Amazon ($38) and I love it! First off the 1900 battery vs the 1520 made a big difference for me and with the wall charger I always have a fully charged battery waiting for me, I'm never plugged in to a wall.

pantlesspenguin

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I bought a set of two Anker 1900 batteries and a wall charger from Amazon ($38) and I love it! First off the 1900 battery vs the 1520 made a big difference for me and with the wall charger I always have a fully charged battery waiting for me, I'm never plugged in to a wall.

I bought an Anker 1900mah battery from ebay for $11 and it's wonderful.

This hasn't been mentioned yet, but a handy trick that came with the 2.3.4 update is screenshot w/o root. Press and hold the power button, then quickly press the home button. The screenshot will be in your gallery.

bradster12

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

Yes, I have been using the CHICHITEC 1900mAh for about 2 weeks now. I like it. On all of these battery issues, I'd like to mention that my experience with Android devises is that the screen activity consumes most of the battery life as is observed in Settings>About Phone>Battery. Any animated wallpapers, widgets not native to the devise, task killers, etc... all consume the battery. Notice the popular task killer apps in action. As you kill the tasks, then kill again and again, well,,,, the apps all rise up from the dead like zombies. These zombie apps get their new life from ... the battery...! My point is that each time you do that, it requires battery power to re-start the apps. Plus, these apps tend to run in the background. If you want to end apps running in the background, go to Settings>Applications>Running Services. Syncing with Outlook for work or multiple email and calendar sync actions will eat the battery for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. My new Sensation has a nice Task Manager app and I periodically employ the Kill and Refresh action. The best thing to do is keep the devise as simple as possible. Set your usage priorities. For example, during the work week, I sync like crazy with Outlook and multiple email accounts. On the weekends, I turn those actions off. I hope this helps you all a little.

ma3loom

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
This is an android build tip but took me forever to find. If you ever want to get a screen capture - hold down your power button and as you do so press the home button. You'll get a screen capture.

It sometimes bugs up and continues to do so as you hit the power button, it'll correct itself if you just hit the power button again...

Hope that helps.

csway4

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
I have found the best way to save the battery life is to use the mobile network widget. I put it on my home-screen and whenever I am not using the internet for anythig I turn it off and when I need to use the internet its as easy as pushing a button. To find the widget go to widgets -> settings -> mobile network. Nothing will sync while the mobile network is off but once you turn it on everything syncs.

Reactions: notufatjesus

ajonesma

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Re: phone battery

A tip the T-Mo representative told me to maximize my battery life when I first bought my phone was to completely let the battery die out first. Then after charge it to 100% while avoiding to use it or play with it!

Its gonna be hard not to play with it for that long lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaeros85