Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Cool What T-Mobile plan will you use with the Sensation?

Just for fun. What plan will you use with the Sensation? Will you sign a new contract for it or buy it off contract? We all know its gonna eat up a lot of data. If you are on AT&T or another GSM provider, post your plan and what you pay.

I have Even More Plus which is T-Mobile's no contract plan. I pay exactly $59.99/mo + taxes. I have 500 mins + text + 5GB of High Speed data.

So let's here it!!!

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

Family plan 59.99 for 1k mintues +10 unlimited txt + 20 for unlimited 4g data (5 GB throttle) about it.. lol

Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.1.2 Stock Rooted

I am on a loyalty plan $79.99 for unlimited everything.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by junglejunkie View Post
    I am on a loyalty plan $79.99 for unlimited everything.

The Loyalty plan is an excellent deal. I had it when I was under contract. I believe you get the 5GB of high speed data with it.

Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.1.2 Stock Rooted

To my knowledge there is no data cap/throttling.

Global Posts
    281 Global Posts

There is, it's just unusual that anyone comes close to it so most just don't realize it.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

To my knowledge there is no data cap/throttling.
    On T-Mobile there is.

Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.1.2 Stock Rooted

Either way, I am very happy with my plan. No new plan even comes close. I have been with T Mobile for about 10 years and I am considering jumping ship to another carrier for the SGS2, I just know that I will get screwed with the contract compared to what I am paying now.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Either way, I am very happy with my plan. No new plan even comes close. I have been with T Mobile for about 10 years and I am considering jumping ship to another carrier for the SGS2, I just know that I will get screwed with the contract compared to what I am paying now.
    Not worth it to jump to another carrier for the Galaxy S II. Samsung makes crap phones but awesome screens.
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Well, thereaee supposedly new plans coming that have a better deal, so ill be switching to one of those instead of the 2 gig plan I got stuck with.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.1.2 Stock Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by MattMJB0188 View Post
    Not worth it to jump to another carrier for the Galaxy S II. Samsung makes crap phones but awesome screens.
    I like my wife's vibrant after I rooted it and put bionix v on it, granted it isn't as sturdy feeling as my nexus one, but it is a nice device and it flys.

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

dont jump ship b.c of the samsung galaxy g 2. theres rumors that Tmobile dropped the samsung galaxy g2 to get the "Samsung Hercules" which is better than the Samsung galaxy s2 but comes at a price of 350 with 2 yr contract

Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.1.2 Stock Rooted

I know about the Hercules, but I'm a bit disheartened about the lack of Exynos processor. I really LOVE the Super Amoled Plus display, that is one of the major draws for me to the SGS2, but I cannot wait until September (rumor) for the release of the Hercules.
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I know about the Hercules, but I'm a bit disheartened about the lack of Exynos processor. I really LOVE the Super Amoled Plus display, that is one of the major draws for me to the SGS2, but I cannot wait until September (rumor) for the release of the Hercules.
    Samsung doesn't have enough capacity for that many Exynos-based phones. (which is the reason why some GSII models will have a Tegra 2 processor)

I also doubt the use of the APQ processor; it was meant for tablets, not smartphones, and it does not include a wireless module. If they use any Qualcomm processor it will be the 8260.
    INK
    Banned

Global Posts
    466 Global Posts

Monthly 4G 5gb plan of course
    Jelly Bean ? Jelly Belly!

Wink

I'll keep my loyalty plan as I will buy the phone off Craigslist.
    $74.99 unlimited minutes + 400 texts + 5GB data.
    I barely hit 2GB data last month.

Hebrews 13:8
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Anyone know if you can change your data plan once you're in contract? I want to up mine to the new 5 gig plan, but online it won't let me. They have me on the special unlimited talk/text with 2 gigs for $79.99.

Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.1.2 Stock Rooted

I don't think that'll be a problem. You will probably have to call and talk to customer service to do that. If it were an old plan you may have problems, but that is a current plan...I can't imagine they would give you any trouble, but only one way to find out.

Good luck.

Even More Plus. 59.99 for unlimited talk, text and web.

Is it still possible to get Tmobile Even More Plus plan?

This 59.99 plan was supposed to be a quiet launch by T-Mobile. A press release came out and a few sites reported it and then on launch day tmobile decided to not launch it. Some people, myself included, were able to get in on this rate by calling in and being a bit of a nag about it. It was only available for that one day. It's no longer available.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

Quote Originally Posted by Xm_jdm View Post
    This 59.99 plan was supposed to be a quiet launch by T-Mobile. A press release came out and a few sites reported it and then on launch day tmobile decided to not launch it. Some people, myself included, were able to get in on this rate by calling in and being a bit of a nag about it. It was only available for that one day. It's no longer available.
    Yup, I got it too. It was only available on April 13th. It's a great plan but the catch is, the 2GB of high speed data. With the sensation, I think its best to have a data plan with 5GB.

I dint mind if they throttle me. Between my iPad 3G and wifi that kicks in when I am in my apartment, 2GB is plenty.

I have however heard some conflicting information. Maybe you can help me..,

I am on a month to month with this promo plan. I plan on grabbing the Sensation on a 2 year. I was told by one tmobile rep that I will still be able to keep my 59.99 even more + plan because it was. PROMO. then I called in another day an was told that if I grabbed the sensation on the contract price that I would have to drop the promo plan. Anyone know the truth?
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

Quote Originally Posted by Xm_jdm View Post
    I dint mind if they throttle me. Between my iPad 3G and wifi that kicks in when I am in my apartment, 2GB is plenty.

I have however heard some conflicting information. Maybe you can help me..,

I am on a month to month with this promo plan. I plan on grabbing the Sensation on a 2 year. I was told by one tmobile rep that I will still be able to keep my 59.99 even more + plan because it was. PROMO. then I called in another day an was told that if I grabbed the sensation on the contract price that I would have to drop the promo plan. Anyone know the truth?
    I know exactly what will happen. If you want the Sensation at a discounted price ($199) you must sign a 2yr agreement. You also must choose one of the new contract plans. You CANNOT keep your $59.99 unlimited PROMO plan and go on contract. If they told you can, then they were mistaken.

Personally, I'd keep the $59.99 promo plan and pay the $499 retail for the phone. You'll save much more and get a lot more out of your plan considering the 2GB throttle isn't an issue for you.

I went into a store today to pay my bill and asked the question. I happened to ask a store manager and according to her, because the plan was a promo plan that is considered discontinued and not offered anymore, I do in fact get to hold on to it. I told her about the conflicting information I got and she called in to double check. She confirmed that her original answer was correct. I am happy to hear this. Notes were placed in my account just in case there are any hiccups. When the phone hits I told her I would be back and go through her.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast