Crackb3rry420

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Hey soon to be sensation owner and this is gonna be my 1st android phone.I'm just a tiny bit worried about the memory specs.will the 1gb and 8gb sd card be enough??I'm not interested in installing a # of apps probably just a few free ones on top of w.e comes pre installed...I'd like to hear some ppls opinions

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Hey soon to be sensation owner and this is gonna be my 1st android phone.I'm just a tiny bit worried about the memory specs.will the 1gb and 8gb sd card be enough??I'm not interested in installing a # of apps probably just a few free ones on top of w.e comes pre installed...I'd like to hear some ppls opinions

1GB will be plenty for apps. (unless you install some of the larger games) The 8GB should be enough if you don't put a lot of music on it. I have a Class 10 16 GB card I got at Best Buy for $40, which is enough for me.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
1GB is sufficient for most people. You'd have to download a lot of large games or 200+ apps for that to be an issue. Now as far as the 8gb sd card, that depends on you. You should know right now how much media you have and plan to love to the phone. From there, you decide. 8GB is not nearly enough for me. I have about 20GB of music, vids and pics. But that's me. Don't know what your media library consists of.

Crackb3rry420

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Oh ok sounds good.I never really put music onto my phones..tried slacker nd pandora on my 9700 but that's about it.I won't be installing a lot of apps and games maybe 10-15 at most but who knows,but I can't wait to get thisphone already

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Oh ok sounds good.I never really put music onto my phones..tried slacker nd pandora on my 9700 but that's about it.I won't be installing a lot of apps and games maybe 10-15 at most but who knows,but I can't wait to get thisphone already

Me too. I'm selling my G2X on eBay and going to a 9700 for a few days until the sensation is out. I might die!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mojosingle

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Wasted

1GB is sufficient for most people. You'd have to download a lot of large games or 200+ apps for that to be an issue. Now as far as the 8gb sd card, that depends on you. You should know right now how much media you have and plan to love to the phone. From there, you decide. 8GB is not nearly enough for me. I have about 20GB of music, vids and pics. But that's me. Don't know what your media library consists of.
The only problem I see is: how much memory does the pre-installed spam and widgets from the carrier take up of that memory? So much wasted space for apps that many of us will never click on.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
The only problem I see is: how much memory does the pre-installed spam and widgets from the carrier take up of that memory? So much wasted space for apps that many of us will never click on.

It was just under 1GB available storage (like .98GB). So the preinstalled apps and widgets and stuff appears to not take up much of the 1GB. I have 23 apps installed and my memory is down to .92GB. So I'd say 1GB is more than enough for almost everyone.

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
There is actually 4GB of internal memory, but 1GB is user accessible. I have trouble with only a couple apps on my desire that has just over 100MB of user accessible internal memory. But with 1GB you should be fine with downloading apps. Plus you will be able to move some of the apps to your sd card. I'm planning on getting this phone too, and tmo is supposed to be having a fathers day deal on the data prices this weekend. Good luck and enjoy.

Crackb3rry420

May 29, 2011
Visit site
thanks for the replies everyone. i keep checking up on the task manager and i just wanna check with you but im sure its normal,the MB's of space is always going to be around 100-175 of free space,pending on how many apps your currently running right? and im just wondering if there was a way to automatically kill apps with the stock task manager app..?

coronaboy10

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
The htc task manager doesn't seem to report the correct amount of available ram if you compare it to the operating system's numbers its always lower.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
thanks for the replies everyone. i keep checking up on the task manager and i just wanna check with you but im sure its normal,the MB's of space is always going to be around 100-175 of free space,pending on how many apps your currently running right? and im just wondering if there was a way to automatically kill apps with the stock task manager app..?

You don't need to.

Android Task Killers Explained: What They Do and Why You Shouldn't Use Them

Read that.

Crackb3rry420

May 29, 2011
Visit site
thanks droid...so i will be fine with the stock task manager app right? do i even need to go into it to "kill all" every so often? or it doesnt pay..

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
thanks droid...so i will be fine with the stock task manager app right? do i even need to go into it to "kill all" every so often? or it doesnt pay..

Nope. If you don't use a certain process (app) within a set amount of time Android will end it for you.

In the early days of Android you might have had to do it yourself, but not these days. Most of the task killers are relics from the early days.

Reactions: siriusthinking