Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Anybody in the U.S pick one up yet?

tried a few tmobile shops,corporate store and they all are saying no earlier then the 15th,and my local walmart said that you need to be on a family tmobile plan only or something to buy the sensation which made no sense,and they didnt even have any in stock yet.im just wondering if anybody has picked one up in the past few days and wanted their first impressions..i cant wait till wednesday i need to make it my duty to pick it up lol

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

I got mine from Walmart Wednesday. If you call around to enough of them you will find one that has them and are willing to sell it. I love it. As with every other phone I've bought on launch day or before (G2X, G2, Vibrant, G1, HD2, MT4G, and others) I am very particular about taking care of my phones so I can resale them for the next one and they never have cases available. But as for the phone, I love it. I was running Sense 3.0 on my MyTouch 4G so I am somewhat used to it, but it is smooth and fast. Only a couple of times when I am really pushing the phone will I notice any lag but it is a big improvement over anything else. Battery life has been great. Yesterday I took it to work and was online, facebook, twitter, used the fm radio, watched some youtube, checked e-mail often, made some phone calls, and about 300 texts and when I plugged it in over 11 hours later I was still over 40% battery. It is a great phone for sure.

Victor

I got mine yesterday, June 10th. I love it. Having some issues with internet lag and certain apps. Signing in on websites and into apps have been troublesome. That's all I've noticed so far.

Quote Originally Posted by rex450se View Post
    I got mine from Walmart Wednesday. If you call around to enough of them you will find one that has them and are willing to sell it. I love it. As with every other phone I've bought on launch day or before (G2X, G2, Vibrant, G1, HD2, MT4G, and others) I am very particular about taking care of my phones so I can resale them for the next one and they never have cases available. But as for the phone, I love it. I was running Sense 3.0 on my MyTouch 4G so I am somewhat used to it, but it is smooth and fast. Only a couple of times when I am really pushing the phone will I notice any lag but it is a big improvement over anything else. Battery life has been great. Yesterday I took it to work and was online, facebook, twitter, used the fm radio, watched some youtube, checked e-mail often, made some phone calls, and about 300 texts and when I plugged it in over 11 hours later I was still over 40% battery. It is a great phone for sure.

Victor
    Congrats on the Sensation! I got to test out someone's yesterday for a bit and it was great. How is your data usage so far? My biggest concern is going over the 2GB of data every month. I'm on an EDGE phone right now but am concerned when I switch to my first Android phone that I'll be constrained by the throttling as I start to use the phone a lot more.

Picked one up today, i had to go to a couple walmarts. The ones I did go to were sold out. Third one was a hit, although as I was buying mine, someone else was asking about the Sensation, when he found out mine was the last one, he said "Well you know, you're not supposed to be selling those til tomorrow.. " What a ******!

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phaeton View Post
    Congrats on the Sensation! I got to test out someone's yesterday for a bit and it was great. How is your data usage so far? My biggest concern is going over the 2GB of data every month. I'm on an EDGE phone right now but am concerned when I switch to my first Android phone that I'll be constrained by the throttling as I start to use the phone a lot more.
    I have wifi at work and home so I've never really pushed the cap unless I wanted to. And tethering my iPod touch to a Nexus 1 and downloading a couple HD movies finally put me over 10 Gb which is where they finally throttled me. I don't think you will use as much as you think. You may use a lot, but still less than you think. I just looked at my past few bills and I am averaging about 1.5 Gbs a month and I would consider myself a heavy user. When I am not using wifi at work or home I still use my phone a lot out and about and use it to tether my iPad. So I would say that after the high first month of heavy usage, you'll use it normally and data usage will drop off.

Victor
    Thanked by:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Thx for the input everyone,I only have 1 local walmart and I called about 2 or 3 days ago.ill give them a call again this morning and see if I can get lucky.I can't wait for this phone! And about the internet lag I really hope that isn't a sticking issue :/

ROM
    AOSPCMOD

the worst thing about this phone is the locked bootloader, btw you cannot use atk for this phone it will freeze it up.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by sk8dayfuknight View Post
    the worst thing about this phone is the locked bootloader, btw you cannot use atk for this phone it will freeze it up.
    Just came back from a t-mo corporate store.and got to play around with a store model which had the store workers sim card in it,the phone is SOOOO SICK.feels AmAZING in the hands...not 1 bit o flag & was very responsive.and he told me that they WILL be coming out with the unlocked bootloader because a Bunch of ppl were complaining about it but when it launches,we might have to wait up to a month or so.but he said they were definitely working on that. id rather grab it @ a tmobile store then a walmart,i just feel safer going thru tmobile,then wally world
    INK
    Banned

Global Posts
    466 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sk8dayfuknight View Post
    HTC is going to be sending a OTA update to unlock the bootloader.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by INK View Post
    HTC is going to be sending a OTA update to unlock the bootloader.
    Hopefully soon. Not that this phone needs tweaking at the moment, but it's always nice to know you have the ability.

Victor

Quote Originally Posted by Moneymike420 View Post
    tried a few tmobile shops,corporate store and they all are saying no earlier then the 15th,and my local walmart said that you need to be on a family tmobile plan only or something to buy the sensation which made no sense,and they didnt even have any in stock yet.im just wondering if anybody has picked one up in the past few days and wanted their first impressions..i cant wait till wednesday i need to make it my duty to pick it up lol
    Got mine at Costco yesterday. They're selling them for $179 and the package includes a carraying case and plantronics bluetooth headset. As a former droid incredible user im very happy with the phone and the $79/month plan is nice to boot.
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by lemurian16 View Post
    Got mine at Costco yesterday. They're selling them for $179 and the package includes a carraying case and plantronics bluetooth headset. As a former droid incredible user im very happy with the phone and the $79/month plan is nice to boot.
    Its fantastic. Screen is amazing. Wasn't sure about it after seeing some of the benchmarks and such, but after playing with it in the store for five minutes I got one without a second thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Droid800 View Post
    Its fantastic. Screen is amazing. Wasn't sure about it after seeing some of the benchmarks and such, but after playing with it in the store for five minutes I got one without a second thought.
    benchmarks don't mean squat usually.

it is a bit puzzling though that the quadrant scores aren't higher but I'm chucking up to the test not being optimized for qhd display...

Sensation did do well on that one test that just test the cpu... forgot the name.

anyway, in the real world user experience I don't think it will matter what the benchmark scores are.

it's dual core, it should perform fine.

can't wait til mine arrives in next couple days.
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Mainspring View Post
    benchmarks don't mean squat usually.

it is a bit puzzling though that the quadrant scores aren't higher but I'm chucking up to the test not being optimized for qhd display...

Sensation did do well on that one test that just test the cpu... forgot the name.

anyway, in the real world user experience I don't think it will matter what the benchmark scores are.

it's dual core, it should perform fine.

can't wait til mine arrives in next couple days.
    When I saw that screen nothing else mattered. Its easily the closest to the iPhone I've seen. Its colors might not be as vibrant as the SAMOLED+, but its way more realistic.

I got three today. If I wanted to sell one is that ok or do I have to use it. I got them under a new two year contract. I upgraded all my lines but my wife doesn't want a phone without a qwerty keyboard and loves her mytouch slide. I think once she uses it she well maybe like it.

Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

yep i picked up 2 at the t mobile store

Got mine yesterday. It's the best phone I've ever used. I LOVED my MT4G, but now that thing is already on Craigslist lol. I can't wait to discover more about the Sensation.