Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree3Likes

Default Re: What do you like least about your Sensation?

Bloatware Apps that I don't want, FriendStream always coming on when I turn on my phone, and other annoying Apps that are resident. Had I checked these forums before I spent the $$$.$$ for this phone, I would still be carrying a dumb phone and not this "smartphone." I'm just too old school I guess.

I don't like the fact that mine was burning hot this morning when I took it off the charger. It wasn't even done charging yet and I let it sit for 20 mins. Second time its done this now. ):

The screen on the Sensation is not as nice as a Samsung. It is a bit harder to view outside on sunny days (even with brightness maxed) and there is some slight blurring with some emu games that I never noticed with Vibrant. Samsung AMOLED is tops and I will switch back once Tmo offers a newer Samsung phone. HTC sense is OK, but I would much prefer a better screen. Clearly Sensation is the best phone right now but that will change by years end.

The only thing I don't like is that the only button to take a picture with is on the screen. I hate that. But that's really my only complaint.

For about a month or two I hated that the Netflix app was available on my girlfriends G2 but not on my Sensation. That was pissing me off. But now that it's available I'm happy (and don't even really use it often). It kind of bugs me that HuluPlus is available on her G2 and not available on my Sensation, but I don't care too much because Netflix is better than Hulu in my opinion.

But otherwise the phone is flawless to me. I've had no battery issues. The camera is awesome. Especially since yesterdays update, it's running better than ever.
    I stopped using the standard music app because I was having some problems with it, so I tried a few other ones and they all kind of sucked (I'm big on music widgets) so I went with Google Music. Still though, I miss how the standard music apps lock mode worked. That was awesome. I think I'm going to give it a shot and see if the most recent update has fixed the bugs.

Global Posts
    1,118 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM9

Sense always reloads after I'm done playing Plants vs. Zombies. I thought this would be fixed in the OTA, but no dice. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by aNYthing24 View Post
    Sense always reloads after I'm done playing Plants vs. Zombies. I thought this would be fixed in the OTA, but no dice. Oh well.
    Yeah I've noticed this as well. This will not be the only update we get though. It was a very good update. The next one will probably come around the holidays.
    VCL

This is a good phone, great processor, great hardware, it looks and feels great in the hand but how do you put all that care and specs into this without putting any internal memory. It has **** for memory. No matter how big your sd card is, mine is 32 gb, you never can install internal memory. Just don't understand how HTC can put together such a great phone and leave out one of the most important features. The phone is a bloated with sence, all kinds of junk installed and they leave out internal space. Dumb, dumb, dumb. This will never be my dream phone for that reason alone. I get so pissed off when you look forward for a great device and they nickel and dime you on the most cheapest but most important features of a great phone, internal space. It slows it down, clogs it up and pisses me off.
    That is how I feel. HTC makes good phones, I own about all of them, maybe now that Google has bought Motorola they can build some great phones. It's not that hard to do.

How is the external speaker?

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by VCL View Post
    This is a good phone, great processor, great hardware, it looks and feels great in the hand but how do you put all that care and specs into this without putting any internal memory. It has **** for memory. No matter how big your sd card is, mine is 32 gb, you never can install internal memory. Just don't understand how HTC can put together such a great phone and leave out one of the most important features. The phone is a bloated with sence, all kinds of junk installed and they leave out internal space. Dumb, dumb, dumb. This will never be my dream phone for that reason alone. I get so pissed off when you look forward for a great device and they nickel and dime you on the most cheapest but most important features of a great phone, internal space. It slows it down, clogs it up and pisses me off.
    That is how I feel. HTC makes good phones, I own about all of them, maybe now that Google has bought Motorola they can build some great phones. It's not that hard to do.

How much do you currently have left? I have 0.92GB on mine. All my apps are on my SD card. The phone has 4GB of internal memory but they set a side some extra room for updates which is great. I agree though it should have at least 8GB of internal space available to the user. This however is not a deal breaker to me. You might want to consider the Samsung Galaxy S II.

Quote Originally Posted by dobiegillis View Post
    How is the external speaker?

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk
    Much better now.
    VCL

Quote Originally Posted by MattMJB0188 View Post
    How much do you currently have left? I have 0.92GB on mine. All my apps are on my SD card. The phone has 4GB of internal memory but they set a side some extra room for updates which is great. I agree though it should have at least 8GB of internal space available to the user. This however is not a deal breaker to me. You might want to consider the Samsung Galaxy S II.
    I have mine rooted with S-OFF. I also still have the stock rom but have removed allot of the junk from T-Mobile that just slows it down. Even after all I have removed it still has very little memory. I'm going to put a complete stock Google Rom on the phone ala Nexus One. (when one is available) I will partition my sd card to ext 3 or 4 and put much of the apps in there. I have my Nexus One set up like that and have everything including my maps, adobe flash and allot of the big memory using apps on it without any problems. How do you build a quality phone and leave no memory. That to me ruins the future of that device.

PS I have about 125GB remmaining. I have more memory remaining on my Nexus One after setting it up, around 155GB.
    Vinny

I've seen custom ROMs on XDA that give up to 300MB free RAM. I believe Crystal Pyramid was one.
    VCL

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokx View Post
    I've seen custom ROMs on XDA that give up to 300MB free RAM. I believe Crystal Pyramid was one.
    I saw that one, Going to wait for a pure Google experience Rom to come out. I'm Sure there will be one soon. There are many looking for that for the Sensation.

Quote Originally Posted by joe767 View Post
    I haven't had any battery issues like you. In fact it took a long time to charge but after the full charge I haven't gotten it below 50% with normal use all day. Love this phone.
    The battery life situation on Android is starting to confuse me a little. A friend of mine just got a Sensation 4G as well and completely stock he says he's getting 40+ hours from just-off-the-charger to completely empty. If you're at 40% at noon then you're getting a lot less than he is.

I noticed that with my mt4G as well, battery life was completely random. I don't have power in the tent that I sleep and thus every night would charge the phone before leaving work and some mornings I would wake up with well more than 50% remaining and other mornings I'd wake up and it's less than 10% (or completely dead). Nothing I could do would vary that behavior (that is, I couldn't stabilize it or pin down what random thing was killing the battery sometimes).

I gave up Android for a Windows Phone 7 (Samsung Omnia 7, unlocked) for while I'm deployed and the battery has been perfectly stable - every morning I wake up with the same amount of charge remaining so that leads me to believe it's not something with the cell phone service here - towers dropping off or configured wrong or what have you.

The other kind of frustrating thing is I get the feeling that no one really believes me in terms of Android battery life ("it's > 24 hours for me!") but I've done everything I could to stabilize it with no luck.

So it's slightly off the topic of Sensation 4G but do you guys find battery life is stable and predictable on Android?

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=31.512309,65.847903

With WiFi Calling running the entire time I can basically double my battery life - from 12 hours to about 24 hours (with an extended 1900 mAh battery). That could explain some of the discrepancy between Sensation/T-Mobile users.

As far as Android in general, my battery life has always been pretty stable (Epic 4G, Nexus S, Sensation 4G). You may have a rouge app/process that saps battery life that is not always on. Go to Settings>About phone>Battery>Battery use, to see what is using so much juice.

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

I too am having horrendous battery life with my HTC Sensation ( HTC Sensation from Canada ).

I have to carry three spare 1800 ma batteries with me in order to make it to 6:00.

I check to see what's using up the battery and it always says "Display", yet I have no live wallpapers, just a black screen.

I don't get it, I'm wondering if it needs to be sent back for an exchange. However, based on Jon4Lakers' review on YouTube, I knew that battery life was bad on this unit, I just didn't think that it would be this bad.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokx View Post
    With WiFi Calling running the entire time I can basically double my battery life - from 12 hours to about 24 hours (with an extended 1900 mAh battery). That could explain some of the discrepancy between Sensation/T-Mobile users.

As far as Android in general, my battery life has always been pretty stable (Epic 4G, Nexus S, Sensation 4G). You may have a rouge app/process that saps battery life that is not always on. Go to Settings>About phone>Battery>Battery use, to see what is using so much juice.
    I've had several Android phones (G2, my touch 4G, Vibrant and Thunderbolt) and notice the problem on all of them (in particular the Thunderbolt which would sometimes only last 3-4 hours even with the extended 2850 mAh battery).

I do check the battery use setting page and it never really tells me anything useful, for example indicating that the display was the primary user of power even though the phone was unused sitting beside my bed the entire night (and presumably the display never even turned on). It makes me wonder if the row and column drivers are active even if the backlight isn't powered.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=31.512309,65.847903

Is there app that can help to control usage and/or properly manage display power consumption?

Global Posts
    425 Global Posts

I found that the Mugen extended slimline battery helps get me through one day on this phone - the Seidio didn't make any difference at all. I did just get an email that Seidio released a 1900Mhz slimline battery for this phone, though. The Mugen is 1800, so I may try the new Seidio also. However, the "extended" battery allows me to use the phone for 12 hours, as opposed to the 6-8 I was getting with the stock battery. I think people who get 2 days of battery life must never touch the phone for the entire time.

There are a lot of posts on this site and others that you can do a search for regarding using the CHICHITECH Evo 3D Extended Battery with the Sensation. I myself have one and I make it through a full day of light use on my LeeDroid 1.7OCed Sensation. I also use the Battery Calibration app from the market at least once a week after a full charge.
    Last edited by rickm8384; 09-09-2011 at 10:55 AM. Reason: grammatical error
    MyTouch 3G ---------> BBERRY BOLD 9700 ------> GALAXY S 4G ------> G2X --------> HTC Sensation ---------> Galaxy S2

Global Posts
    1,118 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM9

Quote Originally Posted by yurasis View Post
    I too am having horrendous battery life with my HTC Sensation ( HTC Sensation from Canada ).

I have to carry three spare 1800 ma batteries with me in order to make it to 6:00.

I check to see what's using up the battery and it always says "Display", yet I have no live wallpapers, just a black screen.

I don't get it, I'm wondering if it needs to be sent back for an exchange. However, based on Jon4Lakers' review on YouTube, I knew that battery life was bad on this unit, I just didn't think that it would be this bad.
    Send it back. That's terrible.

Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    ROM
    Insert Coin 5.5

Just one thing...the 768mb of RAM. I think we should have 1gb. Other than that I'm in love with it totally.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123