Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Thumbs up What do you like most about your Sensation?

I am thinking about getting this phone. For those of you that got the new Sensation, now that you have it I am wondering if you are glad you bought it? Also if you are happy with it can you tell me what you like most about it? Thanks.

Last edited by mojosingle; 06-16-2011 at 12:20 AM.
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by mojosingle View Post
    I am thinking about getting this phone. For those of you that got the new Sensation, now that you have it I am wondering if you are glad you bought it? Also if you are happy with it can you tell me what you like most about it? Thanks.

The screen and the build quality. Both are nothing short of incredible.

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts

I like the build quality compared to my Vibrant, but the screen leaves a bit to be desired, considering the small viewing angle before the colors wash out a bit.

Short of "the whole damn thing" I have to go with the new stock mail client.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by hurrpancakes View Post
    I like the build quality compared to my Vibrant, but the screen leaves a bit to be desired, considering the small viewing angle before the colors wash out a bit.
    Its not really fair to compare it to anything with an AMOLED-based display. They're too disparate.

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Droid800 View Post
    Its not really fair to compare it to anything with an AMOLED-based display. They're too disparate.
    Well they're both in the same market, so I would say it's alright to compare them. They both have their positives and negatives.

the huge screen,the speed,the customizations,the browsing,the flash support,sense 3.0,need i say more

Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    ROM
    Insert Coin 5.5

The way web pages look so sharp and how the images pop off the screen. And how its always perfectly adjusted for the screen.

Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Sense 3.0 is pretty nice

Have any of you had the supposed lag either changing apps or using the internet?

HTC Sense mail is better than any other stock mail client. Nice and clean and gets the job done. No need to download a 3rd party and better than stock Android client. The speed and build quality is great. Only thing I dislike (which is not really the device) is the bloatware apps by TMO. They keep running in the background. I can't wait for root that way I can get rid of the junk.
    FD2
    Shadow Lurker

Global Posts
    376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I love the fact that I have it and Cory Streater has a lame Fascinate that is so last year. O_o
    I'm not a star, somebody lied
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

First of all FD2 and I are friends (sometimes). Secondly, I think Sensation owners are lucky to have such an awesome Android phone, and I've been reading and hearing a lot of positive feedback about it. If you're on T-Mobile and considering the Sensation, I would grab it. I'm on Verizon and have no complaints about the Fascinate. That said I want the Verizon Nexus S 2 Function ASAP. I will say this much - for business users like myself with multiple Exchange accounts - I find HTC's Sense mail to be vastly superior to any other manufacture on the market. So much that it plays a tremendous role in my decision making process.

Lastly, I will take my personal attacks toward you to Gtalk
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Wink

The screen and the build quality. Both are nothing short of incredible.
    So let me get this straight, you are saying that the Sensation reminds you of the Incredible?

Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by mojosingle View Post
    So let me get this straight, you are saying that the Sensation reminds you of the Incredible?

Ha. No. This blows the Incredible off the face of the earth. :P

BTW, my new favorite part of the Sensation is the battery life. My phone was sitting on my desk at work, getting texts, email, weather updates, etc., from 10-3, and the battery life didn't drop a SINGLE PERCENT. I don't know what kind of voodoo HTC built into the software, but the idle battery life is amazing.

The only problem I HAD with this phone was issues with data connection. That got solved today. I love everything about this phone now. It's nothing short of amazing.

ROM
    Motoblur

The build quality of this phone is beyond anything I've seen before on an android device and is enough to make even an apple fan jealous. The battery life is also noticeably better than the average android phone. This is the phone i've been waiting for; one I don't feel like I have to root. (even though I will :P)

I like Sense 3.0 the best!!!
    Banned

I just picked one up for a trial run, I currently have the Nexus S 4G. A few things I prefer on the Sensation is the screen, build quality, camera, 1080p video and being able to do voice and data at the same time over 4G.

How about app compatibility? Have you Sensation owners noticed any dual-core wonkiness so far? Am thinking about getting the EVO 3D (tied to Sprint), which IIRC uses the same proc.
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by craigf View Post
    How about app compatibility? Have you Sensation owners noticed any dual-core wonkiness so far? Am thinking about getting the EVO 3D (tied to Sprint), which IIRC uses the same proc.
    All are compatible. They just don't make any use of the Dual core.
    Thanked by:

All are compatible. They just don't make any use of the Dual core.
    OK, when you say that, does that mean (A) that no one app can use both cores simultaneously, (B) that the second core goes completely unused, or (C) something else? Even if A is true, I would hope the phone could direct different running apps to different cores so as to do a bit of load-balancing.
    VCL

Great phone. This is the best phone to date. I have not had one problem with this phone, I would tell anyone looking for a new phone to buy it. I have a Blackberry, Nexus One, G2, MyTouch 4G, G2X and finally the Sensation. Call my crazy, I'm always looking for the next best phone on what I think is the best Carrier in the USA. The Sensation has all the bells and whistles, too many to list. The best thing about this phone is the build quality, absolutely the best. Feels fantastic in the hand, put a tpu case on it and love it.

What I like most (coming from a Nexus One):

1. Display is a perfect size / aspect ratio. Easy to hold, and very easy to read. Compared the the AMOLED on the N1, this screen is noticeably brighter and sharper.

2. Build quality. Phone feels like a Lexus of phones. Sturdy. No creaks. Gorilla glass.

3. Sense 3.0. HTC has basically taken Android 2.3.3 and put that extra polish on it that Google hasn't. I've lost count how many ways Google has simply made the interface more user friendly and clear.

CONS:

1. Although the display is brighter than a regular AMOLED, blacks looked noticeably richer and more realistic on the N1. The Sensation screen also washes out a bit when tilting to the side.

2. Reception is a bit worse than the N1. In places with the N1 that I would get 4 bars, I get 2-3 with the Sensation. No performance difference, but the bars were last, WiFi coverage has been exceptionally better than the N1 however.

3. Sense 3.0. I really love how sense has made features of Android easier to use and also prettier and more hi-tech looking. However, I have noticed that Sense can cause the phone to bog down. One annoying issue is that after installing any app from the Market and then going to the Home screen, the HTC logo will appear as if it is "re-launching" Sense, with a loading screen being displayed. It takes about 10-15 seconds to display the home screen. it's annoying and not really acceptable on a dual-core device. Hopefully HTC fixes this.
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

Thumbs up Re: What do you like most about your Sensation?

Quote Originally Posted by Miguel611 View Post
    What I like most (coming from a Nexus One):

1. Display is a perfect size / aspect ratio. Easy to hold, and very easy to read. Compared the the AMOLED on the N1, this screen is noticeably brighter and sharper.

Totally agree about the overall shape and size. Before this phone came out I was hoping that it would be the exact same size/shape as the Evo because I had played many times with that phone and found it to feel just right in my hands. Now that I have the Sensation when I go back to my friends Evo, the Evo feels blocky and almost unrefined in comparison. Amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Miguel611 View Post
    CONS:

1. Although the display is brighter than a regular AMOLED, blacks looked noticeably richer and more realistic on the N1. The Sensation screen also washes out a bit when tilting to the side.

Do you have a screen protector on your phone? I initially put a low glare non reflective cover on mines. That one got damaged so I ended up replacing it with a regular one because that is all that I could find at short notice. There is a noticeable difference in the way the blacks "read" without the anti glare cover on my Sensation. The colors seem much richer. The blacks are blacker, other colors more vibrant. I was not expecting that. I don't think I'd sacrifice the better colors for a non-glare screen again.