Battery Life.

jwrobel1#AC

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm just wondering how long the battery lasts under various uses of the handset. I'm thinking of picking up the Sensation sometime in the next few weeks but the battery life will be the deciding factor. What are your guys' thoughts/feelings?

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
The battery life has been pretty good for me. It has gotten better over the past week. All of my previous Android devices, except the G2X had pretty bad battery life under the same usage so I easily make it through the day and into the late evening. Whereas with the EVO, Thunderbolt, Droid Inc and Captivate, I barely could make it to 3pm on a workday without having to charge it. So it's all good considering those things. And trust me because I was skeptical of this device considering my experiences with HTC devices. If TMO's apps (TeleNav, app pack) didn't run in background on there own it would be even better. Can't wait to disable those.

jwrobel1#AC

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Great. Ever since my N1 got the 2.3.4 update, the battery life has been great so it would be pointless for me to go to a device with worse battery life. But it's good to hear that battery life is good. Thanks!

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Great. Ever since my N1 got the 2.3.4 update, the battery life has been great so it would be pointless for me to go to a device with worse battery life. But it's good to hear that battery life is good. Thanks!

Yeah gingerbread is much better on the battery life. But considering the history of HTC devices and the amount of resources Sense use and some apps that can't be stopped (until root), I'd say it's pretty good. This was my only concern with getting the device and I have had no issues.

Reactions: jwrobel1#AC

pantlesspenguin

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Just as an example, it's been off the charger since 8:30am and it is now 11:45am and I am at 98%.

Hey buddy :). I echo what you said. I'm seeing pretty much the same results on mine today. It seems to be a great battery saver on stand-by. Unfortunately I haven't gotten to play with mine much today so far since I'm at work.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer