Post your typical battery life please.

fasst27

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I am curious to know what the typical battery life on your Sensations.

I'm getting roughly 12 hours. T-mobile states I should be getting 3G/3G+(4G), but I am only getting 2G. I believe the constant search for 4G contributes to the battery loss.

How are your devices?

Thanks!

wally27

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting12 but I was using it allot and tons of camera use.. If I don't use the phone I'll get a day or so.. this phone is way better battery life then my touch4g

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I never got 3g only 4g and 2g...I think that 4g and 3g are both using 4g

I second that. Hopefully a future software update will address the 2G/4G thing. Its kind of funny because at work I have pretty decent 3G and the phone registered it as 4G and according to the speedtest app I got like .80mbps down and .50up lol. If these are 4G speeds we have a serious problem lol.

But my battery life about where everyone else is at. Started at 100% charge this morning at 8AM and now I'm at 63% at 7:30. Keep in mind, I didn't use my phone often today since I worked. Here is my battery use log:

Display: 53%
Cell standby: 18%
Phone idle: 15%
Wi-fi: 5%
Voice calls: 5%
Android system: 2%
Internet: 2%

jab86

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
I second that. Hopefully a future software update will address the 2G/4G thing. Its kind of funny because at work I have pretty decent 3G and the phone registered it as 4G and according to the speedtest app I got like .80mbps down and .50up lol. If these are 4G speeds we have a serious problem lol.

But my battery life about where everyone else is at. Started at 100% charge this morning at 8AM and now I'm at 63% at 7:30. Keep in mind, I didn't use my phone often today since I worked. Here is my battery use log:

Display: 53%
Cell standby: 18%
Phone idle: 15%
Wi-fi: 5%
Voice calls: 5%
Android system: 2%
Internet: 2%

It sounds like you guys are having problems with connectivity issues but don't realize it.

You may want to try these fixes: www.tmonews.com/2011/06/is-your-htc-sensation-4g-suffering-data-connectivity-issues-the-fix-is-easy/

fasst27

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Ok, is anyone else getting both your WIFI & Mobile Network indicators on the top of your devices?

My Nexus One never showed both at the same time, unless there was a data connection issue. I have great connection and can browse, but both indicators are on and both show up on top.

Anyone?

dnbhd#AC

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
My phone battery won't last more than 24 hrs. This is with limited usage. maybe 20< min of total talk time and maybe looking at a couple of websites.

Are you guys running any battery wiggets?

nox

Retired Super Moderator
Jan 15, 2010
www.AndroidCentral.com
Ok, is anyone else getting both your WIFI & Mobile Network indicators on the top of your devices?

My Nexus One never showed both at the same time, unless there was a data connection issue. I have great connection and can browse, but both indicators are on and both show up on top.

Anyone?

I got that earlier. I disabled the radio and re-enabled it and it went away. I was scared for a moment lol

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G

fasst27

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I got that earlier. I disabled the radio and re-enabled it and it went away. I was scared for a moment lol

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G

Can you tell me, when you turn on wifi using the pulldown, does your mobile network stay checked (or on) after you've connected to Wifi?

jbrandonf

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Getting around 30-40% left at the end of the day. Greatbatterylife compared to some past phones (G2).

Also, to the OP, there is no 'searching for 4g'. Tmo's 4g is simply super enhanced 3g. You either have it or you don't. Your phone will probably never display the 3g icon.

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Getting around 30-40% left at the end of the day. Greatbatterylife compared to some past phones (G2).

Also, to the OP, there is no 'searching for 4g'. Tmo's 4g is simply super enhanced 3g. You either have it or you don't. Your phone will probably never display the 3g icon.

Started at 10am today with 100% charge. Used the phone very heavily today which consisted of phone calls, heavy texting, and extreme browsing in 3G/4G areas. At 11:13 right now, I'm at 5%. So yea this phone definitely lasts the entire day if your a power user.

HeyBob

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
It sounds like you guys are having problems with connectivity issues but don't realize it.

You may want to try these fixes: Is Your HTC Sensation 4G Suffering Data Connectivity Issues? The Fix Is Easy.
These fixes say:
So what are the fixes to those of you who might be suffering from data connectivity issues?

1. The SIM card: If you are using a 2G SIM, perhaps the one you had before you purchased your Sensation 4G then this is a likely culprit and should be swapped out at your local T-Mobile store for a 3G/4G SIM. Your best best is just replace it with the SIM that came in the box.
2. Ensuring that your data plan is properly provisioned with a 4G data plan. Customers who are on grandfathered plans, blackberry plans etc should make sure your Data SOC is on a 4G plan.
3. If the above problems don?t work (and they should) the last resort is to do a little tinkering around by dialing: *#*#4636#*#* and then press ?Phone Information? > Toggle Ciphering to OFF > Turn off Radio > Turn on Radio > Toggle Ciphoring to ON.
What exactly does step 3 do?

I'm going to give this a try and see what happens....

Also wondering if live wall papers and other widgets (weather) have anything to do with degraded battery performance?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon