ZAGG Screen Protector

eldub

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Have you bought the ZAGG for the Sensation? I'm just wondering how it adapts to the beveled edge of the screen. I am reading that none of the protecters out there are sticking to the edge properly. Also, was it more dificult to clean up the excess spray due to the raised edges of the casing?

rex450se

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
Here is pics of the one I used that I got off of Amazon for only $5. I bought it planning on only using it until Zagg came out with one. I am more than happy with it and don't plan on getting the Zagg one now. I am leaving this on. The screen piece fit perfectly and went on beautifully. You can't tell it even has one on unless you really study it. I didn't like that the back was a 3 piece shield but it looks like Zagg's is going to be the same. Here is the link to the one I picked up and would highly recommend.

Amazon.com: XtremeGUARD? T-Mobile HTC SENSATION 4G FULL BODY Screen Protector Front+Back(Ultra CLEAR)(XtremeGUARD? Packaging): Electronics

Victor

Last edited:

Mainspring

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Here is pics of the one I used that I got off of Amazon for only $5. I bought it planning on only using it until Zagg came out with one. I am more than happy with it and don't plan on getting the Zagg one now. I am leaving this on. The screen piece fit perfectly and went on beautifully. You can't tell it even has one on unless you really study it. I didn't like that the back was a 3 piece shield but it looks like Zagg's is going to be the same. Here is the link to the one I picked up and would highly recommend.

Amazon.com: XtremeGUARD? T-Mobile HTC SENSATION 4G FULL BODY Screen Protector Front+Back(Ultra CLEAR)(XtremeGUARD? Packaging): Electronics

Victor

how hard was it to put on? what's the procedure?

how thin is the protector?

thanks.

eldub

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site

Victor

Thanks. I think I am going to go with this one instead.

biggbrother2

Sep 14, 2009
Visit site
I am not getting a screen protector. What's the point of Gorilla Glass then?

I had screen protectors on my Nexus One for a year, including Invisible Shield. I got annoyed with the "sticky" feel of it so I removed it and used the phone for 6 months without one and never had a scratch on it. The N1 has a notoriously difficult screen to scratch in daily use, and despite lacking Gorilla Glass.

Using the phone without anything on the screen is a much better experience IMO.

eldub

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site

I had screen protectors on my Nexus One for a year, including Invisible Shield. I got annoyed with the "sticky" feel of it so I removed it and used the phone for 6 months without one and never had a scratch on it. The N1 has a notoriously difficult screen to scratch in daily use, and despite lacking Gorilla Glass.

WARNING!!:

G Glass is not scratch proof. It is scratch resistant. If you keep serching, you will find posts out there of folks with G Glass that still got scratches and such. Also, if you go to Corning's web site (the company that makes G Glass), it does not have the Sensation on its HTC list. I rather be safe than "fuuuuuudge!!!!! Whhhhhyyyyyy didn't I get a SP".... just sayin. :'(

rex450se

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site

While I would prefer to use the phone without any type of shield at all it offers some benefits that I see every day. I work in a construction trade and am currently running a bead blast machine in the shop. There are millions of tiny particles flying around and I'd hate to set my phone on my toolbox or somewhere and end up scratching it. Another benefit for me is in regards to the sticky feel you don't like. While it isn't as smooth as it is without the shield, when I drive my truck I set my phone on the middle console and the stickiness of the shield prevents it from sliding around when driving. It's nice to just set it there when I get in and not worry about it ending up at my feet when some idiot pulls out in front of me. So for me, there are definitely some benefits that out weight the drawbacks.

As for putting it on, it took about 15 minutes and some patience. I used a bowl of soapy water to apply the skin which came with a little card to squeegy it out. After about an hour I checked it and squeegied out a little more and it turned out perfect. For the back, after applying it and squeeging out as much as I could I used a hair dryer to ake the skin more pliable and conform to the edges better. It wasn't too bad, just take your time. I did take the back off so it was easier to move around with out worrying about the front or any water getting inside it.

Victor

eldub

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
While I would prefer to use the phone without any type of shield at all it offers some benefits that I see every day. I work in a construction trade and am currently running a bead blast machine in the shop. There are millions of tiny particles flying around and I'd hate to set my phone on my toolbox or somewhere and end up scratching it. Another benefit for me is in regards to the sticky feel you don't like. While it isn't as smooth as it is without the shield, when I drive my truck I set my phone on the middle console and the stickiness of the shield prevents it from sliding around when driving. It's nice to just set it there when I get in and not worry about it ending up at my feet when some idiot pulls out in front of me. So for me, there are definitely some benefits that out weight the drawbacks.

As for putting it on, it took about 15 minutes and some patience. I used a bowl of soapy water to apply the skin which came with a little card to squeegy it out. After about an hour I checked it and squeegied out a little more and it turned out perfect. For the back, after applying it and squeeging out as much as I could I used a hair dryer to ake the skin more pliable and conform to the edges better. It wasn't too bad, just take your time. I did take the back off so it was easier to move around with out worrying about the front or any water getting inside it.

Victor

Did it also come with the cloth? Do you use a case as well?...any issues with that? How long was it before you could use your phone again. I have read as few as 8 hours and as long as 2 days.

seanwilliams78

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
WARNING!!:

G Glass is not scratch proof. It is scratch resistant. If you keep serching, you will find posts out there of folks with G Glass that still got scratches and such. Also, if you go to Corning's web site (the company that makes G Glass), it does not have the Sensation on its HTC list. I rather be safe than "fuuuuuudge!!!!! Whhhhhyyyyyy didn't I get a SP".... just sayin. :'(

http://www.androidcentral.com/htc-sensation-has-gorilla-glass-aluminum-unibody-chassis

I didn't know it had it. The dude at the t-mobile store had installed the OEM scratch protector but he did a poor job; it started lifting up and getting dust underneath from the top. I bought some replacements, but the aftermarket scratch protectors are too thick and too "rubbery". My screen was MUCH less responsive to touch to the point where the phone was almost not usable (ie, after installing the thick aftermarket protector, I sometimes needed 4 and 5 tries to draw the pattern to unlock my phone!!!).

I am also removing the screen protector and will simply be more careful with my phone. I think female-owned phones seem to get screen damage more often anyway; I don't have a huge purse full of scratchy objects that I chuck my phone into 10 times daily! ;)

These are the protectors that I was not happy with because they were too thick and soft (EZguardZ):
Amazon.com: 5-Pack EZGuardZ? T-Mobile HTC SENSATION 4G Screen Protectors (Ultra CLEAR)(EZGuardZ? Packaging): Cell Phones & Accessories

This is the phone case I'm using, without screen protection (2-pc clamshell):
Amazon.com: HTC Sensation 4G Rubberized Shield Hard Case - Black (Free HandHelditems Sketch Universal Stylus Pen): Cell Phones & Accessories

I also have a traditional leather holster for it (Fellowes).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463