Question about TMobile's network

wicketr

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I don't know much about TMobile's network and I'm looking at getting the Sensation. How is TMobile's coverage compared to say Sprint (who I'm currently with) ?

Does it roam on any other networks like AT&T? (Sprint roams on Verizon)

When it roams, is it 911only, voice only, 1x data, or full 3G?

And what would be the price differences between Sprint and TMobile per month for a 450m contract with unlimited Data/Text.

My current bill is as follows:
plan $69.99
surcharges $2.52
fees $5.39
-----------
total $77.90

By the way, I'm in Memphis if any of you have any experience with that area. And I like the looks of the Sensation over the EVO 3D. Plus Sprint doesn't have a 4G network here in Memphis and I think TMobile has HSPA+ deployed here.

STL 314

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I don't know much about TMobile's network and I'm looking at getting the Sensation. How is TMobile's coverage compared to say Sprint (who I'm currently with) ?

Does it roam on any other networks like AT&T? (Sprint roams on Verizon)

When it roams, is it 911only, voice only, 1x data, or full 3G?

And what would be the price differences between Sprint and TMobile per month for a 450m contract with unlimited Data/Text.

My current bill is as follows:
plan $69.99
surcharges $2.52
fees $5.39
-----------
total $77.90

By the way, I'm in Memphis if any of you have any experience with that area. And I like the looks of the Sensation over the EVO 3D. Plus Sprint doesn't have a 4G network here in Memphis and I think TMobile has HSPA+ deployed here.

I just switched from Sprint to T-Mobile and the coverage is a lot better HSPA+ Blows Wimax speeds out of the water

Yes Memphis also has HSPA+

siriusthinking

Jun 9, 2011
www.flickr.com
This is my bill:
$79.99 for 500 minutes (free nights and weekends) unlimited text and unlimited data (full speed up to 5gb)
$1.41 other fees
$8.40 taxes
$89.80/month, but I also get a small corporate discount through work so I'm paying $80.

rex450se

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
These prices were right off of T-Mobile's website.

500 Min. and unlimited text and 5 Gb of 4G data is $79.99

500 Min. and unlimited text and 2 Gb of 4G data is $69.99

Over those date caps and you just get throttled, it doesn't get shut off or charge you any more. For what it is worth, I am on a 5 Gb plan and hit 19 Gb last month and never got throttled. About 6 monts ago I got throttled and I don't think I hit 7 Gbs. So I don't know how they do it.

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site

Over those date caps and you just get throttled, it doesn't get shut off or charge you any more. For what it is worth, I am on a 5 Gb plan and hit 19 Gb last month and never got throttled. About 6 monts ago I got throttled and I don't think I hit 7 Gbs. So I don't know how they do it.

19GB lol? What are you downloading or streaming??? Have access to WI-FI? This bogs the network down when people download tons and tons of data? Do you have a home computer with an ISP?

wicketr

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

Hmm, that's interesting about the caps and throttling. I don't mind a 2GB limit with throttling. i don't think I ever get about 500MB, so 2GB would be plenty.

I am still curious about the roaming though. I do want to make sure I have the voice coverage wherever I'm at of at least AT&T or Verizon. And if it did data roaming as well, that'd be amazing. I guess the only downside, beyond possibly that, would be that I have unlimited mobile to mobile minutes with Sprint and average 500minutes a month, but with Sprint i only get charged for roughly 60 of them. T-Mobile doesn't have their "Fav-5" anymore do they? (I guess I should have posted all this in the TMobile forum. Didn't see that until today)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699