Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.1.2 Stock Rooted

Default Does anyone have a desktop dock?

Just wondering if anyone has picked up a desktop dock/cradle for their Sensation yet. I have seen a bunch for sale on ebay for around $12 (from Hong Kong). I just didn't know if anyone got one and was happy enough with it to recommend it.

Default Re: Does anyone have a desktop dock?

Quote Originally Posted by junglejunkie View Post
    Just wondering if anyone has picked up a desktop dock/cradle for their Sensation yet. I have seen a bunch for sale on ebay for around $12 (from Hong Kong). I just didn't know if anyone got one and was happy enough with it to recommend it.
    I ordered one of the eBay docks. Will let you know what I think once it arrives.

I'm wondering when official HTC accessories are coming in for sale in the U.S.? Has anyone heard? The EVO 3D already has a desktop dock.

Why do these companies wait so long just to release accessries?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.1.2 Stock Rooted

Yeah, except the Evo 3D official dock is $50! Sorry, but no dock is worth $50. Heck even the Nexus One dock was less than $50 and it was extremely nice...

Yeah, except the Evo 3D official dock is $50! Sorry, but no dock is worth $50. Heck even the Nexus One dock was less than $50 and it was extremely nice...
    Wasn't the Nexus One desktop dock like $45? That's only $5 cheaper lol.

I paid $55 for the Car Dock for the Nexus...
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.1.2 Stock Rooted

It was about that yeah, but it had RCA audio out and it charged your phone without having to plug the phone into the dock.

It was about that yeah, but it had RCA audio out and it charged your phone without having to plug the phone into the dock.
    Of course you had to plug the nexus One into the dock to charge. It charged via the pin connectors on the bottom. And the RCA audio-out was always looked down upon by everyone as cheapo. Most people used Bluetooth to stream.

Personally, I see a desktop dock as a luxury. It serves no real purpose other than to display the phone as a mantle-piece (and expose it to easy theft if you ever leave your desk unattended for a moment). A cheap USB data cable works just as well...
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.1.2 Stock Rooted

By not plugging it in I was referring to it being charged by the three gold connectors on the bottom of the phone as opposed to the standard micro USB connection.

I really want a desktop dock....badly!

I got one of those docks off eBay - so far, so good. It takes a little bit of aligning to get the phone placed properly, but it it charges and syncs fine. The "dock mode" isn't automatic - you have to add the Dock Mode app to your lock screen apps and launch it when you place the phone in the dock.

I got the version with the extra battery charger and two batteries. So far, so good - I'll post back if the charger or batteries give me any problems.

Pick your poison.

If you want a dock, you can't have a case - or you'll have to take the case off every time you want to set it on the dock.

I have a very slim "rubberized plastic case" and the RND dock, both cheapos from Amazon...the phone won't fit in the cradle with the case on.

I have this one from AMAZON and its been perfect so far: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...idcentral00-20