Yahoo account not working since last Thursday

delphis96

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue with my Yahoo! account on my Blackberry (still waiting for the move to Android). The issue ended up being related to Yahoo! Mail upgrading. On my laptop, I was prompted to set-up a new password. Then I had to just go into my account settings on my phone and update the password there. Once I did that - et voila - my POP mail was back in business. Figured I would share because it doesn't seem to be a phone specific, nor an OS specific issue.

danperde

Not quite a noob
Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue with my Yahoo! account on my Blackberry (still waiting for the move to Android). The issue ended up being related to Yahoo! Mail upgrading. On my laptop, I was prompted to set-up a new password. Then I had to just go into my account settings on my phone and update the password there. Once I did that - et voila - my POP mail was back in business. Figured I would share because it doesn't seem to be a phone specific, nor an OS specific issue.

I tried that, no result. Like I said, it works with other email clients, just not with stock android client. I think it's time for me to contact HTC. Thanks for reply guys.

secrtagnt

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same problem with my Evo 3D. When I set up my Yahoo! account in the HTC mail app, it connected fine but didn't show any messages. I can send fine and browse my folders but can't see any messages in any of them. I'm using maildroid now, but would prefer to use the stock HTC mail app if this issue gets sorted out.

For what it's worth, I added my wife's Yahoo! account which is much newer (and has far fewer messages) and it worked fine.

krispy521

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I have been down since Thursday on my EVO 3D. Here is my response from yahoo:

Hello Chris,

Thank you for writing to Yahoo! Mobile.

I understand that you have recently stopped receiving mail in the
default mail application on your Android device, though the messages
still arrive in your Yahoo! account. I have given the information you
provided to our Mobile Product Team. Investigating and resolving this
issue may take some time.

Your ticket number for this issue is xxxxx. Please refer to this
number in any future correspondence regarding this issue.

You don't need a plus account because we are going to fix this.

It appears that both the Yahoo! Mail application and the Yahoo! Mobile
Mail page are unaffected by this issue. As a work around I recommend you
visit:

Login

You can either access your email directly from here, or download the
application via the link presented on this page while we work to resolve
this issue for you. You can also download the application via the
Android Market.

I have been using the K-9 app to get my yahoo mail. Its way better that the battery sucking yahoo mail app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781