Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC Logo... Loading.. Loading... Loading

I love the phone. However, the constant crashing of Sense, as evidenced by the white HTC splash screen displaying with the green HTC logo, is getting a bit ridiculous. I see this screen about 2-3 times per day.

I have Fast Boot disabled, yet I still see the problem occassionally when going back to my Home screen. Typically it occurs after an extended period of web browsing or when viewing or installing something in the Market. This leads me to believe that perhaps it's a RAM shortage issue.

I noticed that many people with the Original EVO 4G were seeing this issue as well. The most common theorized cause was a corrupted widget. So I removed all my widgets and links from all home screens. It did not crash for a while. So I added the clock/weather widget, and boom, a little while later I saw the splash screen and loading screen again when going back to Home.

I'm thinking either this HTC widget and others maybe buggy, or they simply eat up alot of memory and are causing the Sensation to run low on RAM, which causes Sense to crash.

The EVO 3D has more RAM, so perhaps that's why Sense seems to run smoother and more stable on it than the Sensation? Anyone else seeing these crashes? Do you have the larger HTC widgets on your Home screen? If not, try them and see if you see crashes.

Default Re: HTC Logo... Loading.. Loading... Loading

I've seen the same issue on all three of my HTC sensations (3 exchanges). Its crazy, coming from a Nexus 1, i never had such issues. I expect a 1.2 GHz to be way faster, less crashes. This is ludacris. Why add a UI if its going to mar the user experience. Its called a User Interface, because thats how the user interacts with the device. Hence the need for stability. duh HTC! If Sense 3.0 is this buggy, i wonder how Sense 4.0 will be (with Ice Cream). We'll probably have crashes every minute.