HTC Sensation has been Rooted

wcoast

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Using sensation 4G with 32GB memory card,

Coming from iPhone, safe to assume rooting is similar to jailbreak. Is the current rooting Untethered or Tethered?

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
It's shell root only at the moment. It works, but it's still just temp root. I'm going to bed until they release something most people can use.

Not to knock it -- they're doing great work, and these are the steps that have to be taken. Just wish the hype would be toned down a little.

BigRick10

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I think the hype can come due to the fact that HTC has been silent as to if they are or aren't going unlock the bootloader to either device.

nox

Retired Super Moderator
Jan 15, 2010
www.AndroidCentral.com
Using sensation 4G with 32GB memory card,

Coming from iPhone, safe to assume rooting is similar to jailbreak. Is the current rooting Untethered or Tethered?

Not the same as iPhones. Currently, root.gets removed upon reboot. Phone will boot without having to plugged in.

Temp root atm (hence it removing upon reboot).

It's shell root only at the moment. It works, but it's still just temp root. I'm going to bed until they release something most people can use.

Not to knock it -- they're doing great work, and these are the steps that have to be taken. Just wish the hype would be toned down a little.

This mean we get a root/ROM section now? :p

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar