T-Mobile LG G2: Disable screen turning on when sms/mms come to phone?

ryjb

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Like the title states, is it possible to disable the screen from coming on when an sms/mms is delivered? Since the notification light turns on I don't see a need for the screen to light up as well.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Disable screen turning on when sms/mms come to phone?

Like the title states, is it possible to disable the screen from coming on when an sms/mms is delivered? Since the notification light turns on I don't see a need for the screen to light up as well.

Thanks
Open the messaging app and look for the notification settings. There should be an option to enable/disable the screen wake-up upon receiving a notification.

ryjb

May 11, 2011
Visit site

Open the messaging app and look for the notification settings. There should be an option to enable/disable the screen wake-up upon receiving a notification.

Appears it is not there unless I am mistaken...
Screenshot_2013-10-07-10-26-38.jpg

luismpr

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site

Was this ever solved? I'm using the stock SMS app and mine does the same thing. Kind of annoying and I've searched up and down on settings and have found absolutely nothing

maverick96

May 16, 2010
Visit site

Was this ever solved? I'm using the stock SMS app and mine does the same thing. Kind of annoying and I've searched up and down on settings and have found absolutely nothing
Been looking for an answer to this myself. Very annoying

redeyss

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
That stinks, my G2 arrives this week. Is there a quiet hours setting for night to disable ringer and notifications? If so does it allow for favorites to still contact you?

Sent from my XT1053 using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2