T Mobile G2 Personal Review

Slpkntmaggot

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
I make a account and this thread because I have heard quite a few negative reviews of this phone. When I went into the store to buy a new phone my intention was to buy a GS4. Then I noticed Quad Core, 2GB RAM, and a larger screen, for half the price? What is this? So I took a leap of faith and took the G2, Best decision I have made in years. I've heard people complain about the power button and volume buttons being on the rear, trust me you rarely use them, the on screen interface is amazing, I rarely need to use the physical volume control, and the knock ability I have only ever used the physical power button to restart the phone, and to add one final note to that subject in the 3 weeks I have owned this phone, I have never, not once, accidentaly powered off my screen with my index finger, the power button does take a fair amount of pressure to trigger.

With all that being said there is a dealbreaker with this phone, the battery life!!! OMG the battery life!!!
I unplugged my phone at 10:30 am this morning, I have made a few dozen phone calls and have been sending text messages to 3 different people all day, I have also listened to about 2 hours worth of music during my morning rituals, and I would say about 40 minutes of internet browsing, 10 minutes of video streaming, a little camera usage, I only go this far into detail of my usage because it is now 7:54pm (about 10 hours), and I still have 43% percent battery left!!!

With all that being said, this phone is overall amazing, don't let negative reviews from picky and very spoiled phone users throw you off and let this phone go unnoticed. I wish I could think of some negative things to say so this review dosn't seem biased, but I can't, this phone is amazing, you can't go wrong with it.

Posted via Android Central App

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
As with every device, the physical aspects of the phone are subjective. Glad to see you are enjoying the device and don't seem to regret your purchase. Aside from some of the good things noted in your post, what is the single best feature/aspect of the phone you like?

Slpkntmaggot

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Very good question, I definately had to think about that for a moment. I have been a tech fan for a while and I am extremely abusive on software knowing it is much easier to repair than hardware. This phone handles jellybean like a champ, after intentionally filling the hard drive with junk files and downloading enough apps to own the RAM, purely for the purpose of stress testing, the phone showed absolutely no sign of slowing down or lagging. I could still open the camera and snap a clear image in less than 6 seconds. This phone has exceeded my expectaions and I hope to not cause any physical damage as I tend to do with all my phones while skateboarding XD.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress