T-Mobile LG G2 - Anyone know if G2 will be sold at Costco?
12-04-2013 10:48 AM
- I'm wondering if anyone has any info on whether the T-mobile version of the LG G2 will be sold at Costco. When I went a few days ago, the guy staffing the booth said they never tell him anything and he didn't know. They have it for ATT and Verizon already. I'm going to be buying it full price upfront. I'm on a prepaid plan I'm happy with and do not want to switch to Simple Choice. There don't seem to be any real deals going on for this phone full price (I realize it's still new) and I'm not too hopeful about Black Friday/Holidays since those sales are mostly contract related, so I thought I'd at least go with Costco if possible to get the accessory pack and easy return if there is a need for that.
Since I will definitely be using this with TMO, am I right that it is better to get the TMO version of the phone because the international and other versions of the phone don't have all the TMO bands? I see conflicting specs many places for the other phone models so I'm not certain but it seems only the D801 models has all the T-Mobile bands. I can get the other versions of the G2 a bit cheaper but I don't want to do that if I won't have full coverage on TMO networks.
Anyway, if anyone connected with Costco's Wireless company (forget their name at the moment) or Tmobile knows if they will be selling it, I'd appreciate any info.11-05-2013 04:52 PM
- Not quite sure but the international version will work with a tmobile Sim card but as for hspa+ or LTE I don't think it'll connect to it... The Costco in my place (Los Angeles) hasn't displayed any lg g2s as I remember from my last visit (Saturday) Can't just buy directly from tmobile online ? Or maybe search some sites like swappa http://swappa.com/buy/lg-g2-tmobile/us
Posted via Android Central App11-08-2013 01:16 AM
- I can't buy from Tmobile's website because they will only sell it with a Simple Choice plan and I want to stay prepaid. I went to two local TMO stores and and they would not match the website price - it was going to cost me about $700 at either store so I didn't buy.
I only want to buy from a legitimate seller that carries a manufacturer warranty so no swappa or the other usual places. The TMO version is not on Amazon either. I finally found it available online through an authorized reseller for $603. If it doesn't end up at Costco by Black Friday and it doesn't get any cheaper for the holidays, I will buy it for that price, but I was hoping for a bit cheaper or at least the the little bit of extras that Costco includes, plus Costco has a 90 day return period and I can deal with them in person.11-08-2013 01:53 AM
- Not sure if they will...they've had the Note 3 and S4 since they started offering Simple Choice and the G2 came some time between those phones. As for the warranty, are you concerned with the insurance that you can buy with T-Mobile or the manufacturer's warranty? If it's the latter, as long as no one else has registered the phone and is has a clean IMEI, there shouldn't be any reason they won't cover the phone. Here's an excerpt of the warranty info from the G2's owner's manual. Doesn't say anything about having to buy from an authorized reseller.
1. WHAT THIS WARRANTY COVERS:
LG offers you a limited warranty that the enclosed subscriber unit and its enclosed accessories will
be free from defects in material and workmanship, according to the following terms and conditions:
(1) The limited warranty for the product extends for TWELVE (12) MONTHS beginning on the date of
purchase of the product with valid proof of purchase, or absent valid proof of purchase, FIFTEEN
(15) MONTHS from date of manufacture as determined by the unit’s manufacture date code.
(2) The limited warranty extends only to the original purchaser of the product and is not assignable
or transferable to any subsequent purchaser/end user.
(3) This warranty is good only to the original purchaser of the product during the warranty period as
long as it is in the U.S., including Alaska, Hawaii, U.S. Territories and Canada.
(4) The external housing and cosmetic parts shall be free of defects at the time of shipment and,
therefore, shall not be covered under these limited warranty terms.
(5) Upon request from LG, the consumer must provide information to reasonably prove the date of
(6) The customer shall bear the cost of shipping the product to the Customer Service Department
of LG. LG shall bear the cost of shipping the product back to the consumer after the completion
of service under this limited warranty.11-25-2013 07:44 PM
- Well, I just went to Costco to check out the current situation and they will not sell T-Mobile phones at all without a Simple Choice plan, so it doesn't even matter then for me. But no, they did not have the TMO G2 anyway if anyone else wanted to know.
As far as the warranty, it does matter whether you get it from an authorized reseller for three reasons.
1. They are simply not liable for merchandise sold by unauthorized sellers.
2. The part about being the original purchaser of the phone. If you are buying from someone other than an authorized reseller, you are not the original purchaser of the phone (even if it is new and unopened) - the person or company you buy from is. Even if you say you lost your receipt/invoice - they know where your phone came from because of the serial number. Any authorized reseller will be able to provide a copy of your invoice, so they will tell you how to obtain it from them and of course you will not be able to since you got it from someone else.
3. The phone can be reported stolen at any time even if you check the IMEI before buying. There was a massive theft of several millions of dollars worth of new-in-box G2 phones in fact, so there are a lot of stolen ones out there. Even if that huge theft hadn't happened, individual thefts happen to all phones. Just because a phone is new and packaged unopened doesn't mean it hasn't been stolen and can be reported after you've bought it. Even if you trust a particular seller wouldn't purposely sell you a stolen phone that doesn't mean they know where it came from all along the supply chain until it got to them since it did not get to them through the proper channels.
I realize some people don't mind taking that chance, so I'm not saying what anyone else should do. But I can't afford to throw away that much money and I have had to use my warranty on multiple past phones, so that is why I personally only want to buy from an authorized reseller.
Thanks to the people who posted. I no longer care for myself about the purpose I originally posted the thread since I can't buy it there anyway. But if it ever does show up at Costco and someone wants to post to let others know, feel free.11-25-2013 10:45 PM
And obviously I do not want a Nexus 5 or I would have bought one of those instead. The two phones are not the same and you may have noticed this is the LG G2 forum. You don't get to tell me what phone I have to buy or what plan I have to be on. You are very misinformed about everything you said so you really shouldn't be giving "advice" about things you are totally ignorant of. Although that ignorance does match your attitude.11-26-2013 11:24 PMLike 1
I understand your post and agree with your choice of:
1. Wanting to buy a G2 over a Nexus 5 is an excellent move. I will no longer worry or wait for KitKat or any other Android update they are currently hyperventilating over. The G2 is such a remarkable device, no one should even care. This phone is a Samsung killer, my old Galaxy S3 is not in the same league.
2. To buy and own your G2 outright is smart. I chose the Jump program cause I didn't have the money up front to buy it out right. Prepaid is growing fast, and my move from Verizon to TMO on a Simple Choice plan is saving me $20.00 per month. The 4G LTE coverage in Pittsburgh has been excellent. I guess this is my stepping stone towards prepaid. In the future, I can pay off my G2 and own it outright, not be in a contract with TMO and really be satisfied with my choices.
It would make sense to shop locally (like at Costco) to find a G2 unlocked... I'm sure they have to sell with Simple Choice to get a cut of the proverbial pie. Good luck on your continued search, the G2 is worth the effort. Have you tried Wirefly, Amazon, I doubt Radio Shack?
Posted via Android Central App12-04-2013 07:58 AM
- LG Android Phones
- LG G2
- T-Mobile LG G2
T-Mobile LG G2 - Anyone know if G2 will be sold at Costco?
- By mgindi26 in forum Verizon LG G2Replies: 6Last Post: 11-19-2013, 12:06 PM
- By Nychotxxx in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab 3Replies: 3Last Post: 11-08-2013, 02:56 PM
- By N4Newbie in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 6Last Post: 11-07-2013, 10:59 AM
- By fielding_mellish in forum G2 Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 0Last Post: 11-07-2013, 10:10 AM
- By JedC in forum SprintReplies: 0Last Post: 11-07-2013, 09:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD