Call Quality Issues - LG G2

jad121

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I was running some call quality tests with my new Lg G2 and noticed that when calling other tmobile handets, like the iphone 5s, it sounds like an old GSM call (non HD).

It looks like the HD voice is not enabled or does not work on this handset. I have tested this along with a htc one and another iphone 5s and you can definitely tell when you are speaking to someone on a LG G2, as the voice sounds degraded (i.e. non HD).

I ran multiple tests, with one of tests being placing a htc one and the Lg G2 in front of a sound bar with a movie playing, each equal distance to the speaker, each having called an iphone 5S, and the sound coming through the LG G2 was definitely not HD.

any ideas or similar experiences?

Last edited:

korab84

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Re: HD Voice not Enable - LG G2 Tmobile

You can call T-Mobile and inquire about your issue...and see what they say.

Posted via Motorola Xoom tablet

jad121

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site

After doing some research and looking around, this seems to be a problem with the handset and is not related to the HD voice after all. Folks with the Verizon, Sprint, and AT&t variants are also experiencing the same muffled call quality issues when using the G2.

Last edited:

Sonix

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site

After doing some research and looking around, this seems to be a problem with the handset and is not related to the HD voice after all. Folks with the Verizon, Sprint, and AT&t variants are also experiencing the same muffled call quality issues when using the G2.
Bull crap, I have an ATT G2, and the voice quality is great on my end, and the callers end. That is what is normal. Take yours back.

EvinLeigh

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I thought I was having a call quality issue too then I realized the reason it sounded so horrible is because I was using WiFi calling. Not saying you are but that is what my experience was. Once I turned that off, it made a world of difference.

mapleleaf160

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
It's wifi calling, I've confirmed it with several people I call regularly and now they ask is your wifi on you sound muffled or echoed. But on the network it's perfect although I've been in areas with no coverage and wifi calling was great

Posted via Android Central App

Chhhs

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Actually, it's not bull crap at all. I researched & noticed there were a lot of people who reported call quality issues as well, including me. I had the LG G2 for AT&T & had problems with it. I returned it within the next week but didn't get it replaced because I was going to change back to Verizon anyway. When I got the LG G2 for Verizon, I had the same call quality problems, returned it & got a better one. The call quality doesn't always sounds really clear one second, then pretty mediocre the next.
On my side, I've been told that I sound perfectly fine one moment, then sound really muffled the next. I ended up having to wear a headset every time I use my phone unless it's on speaker or unless the mic is practically in my mouth.

I really hope there is an update to fix the call quality somehow. I really like this phone, the only drawback is this for me so far. & the fact that when I have another call on the line, if I hang up on one of them, it hangs up both calls. Apparently the system's supposed to prompt one of the lines to call me back, but it's only ever happened once. Besides that I really like the phone

Sonix

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
Actually, it's not bull crap at all. I researched & noticed there were a lot of people who reported call quality issues as well, including me. I had the LG G2 for AT&T & had problems with it. I returned it within the next week but didn't get it replaced because I was going to change back to Verizon anyway. When I got the LG G2 for Verizon, I had the same call quality problems, returned it & got a better one. The call quality doesn't always sounds really clear one second, then pretty mediocre the next.
On my side, I've been told that I sound perfectly fine one moment, then sound really muffled the next. I ended up having to wear a headset every time I use my phone unless it's on speaker or unless the mic is practically in my mouth.

I really hope there is an update to fix the call quality somehow. I really like this phone, the only drawback is this for me so far. & the fact that when I have another call on the line, if I hang up on one of them, it hangs up both calls. Apparently the system's supposed to prompt one of the lines to call me back, but it's only ever happened once. Besides that I really like the phone
I don't think that happening, my G2 is as good or better than any phone I've had in a long time. I know 3 others that would tell you the same thing.

Btw, have you removed the thin plastic film that comes on the mic and speakers?

troysyx

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
So do you have to go in and turn off wifi calling in settings? or do you just have to make sure that your wifi is always off when making a phone call?

Sonix

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
So do you have to go in and turn off wifi calling in settings? or do you just have to make sure that your wifi is always off when making a phone call?
This type of suggestions is vodo! Have some common sense If it was even remotely true, everyone would know about it. HD voice requires that both ends of the call be HD enabled, and on the same HD enabled network.

troysyx

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
This type of suggestions is vodo! Have some common sense If it was even remotely true, everyone would know about it. HD voice requires that both ends of the call be HD enabled, and on the same HD enabled network.

I dont care about the HD calling at all, i was just talking about call quality in general.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34