T-Mobile LG G2 screen quality IS DIFFERENT from Sprint LG G2 screen quality...

khanvinced

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
I don't know how many (if any) people have ever compared Sprint's iteration of the LG G2 beside T-Mobile's version of it...but Sprint's version produces much deeper blacks and clearer quality than T-Mobile's version. T-Mobile's LG G2 screen has a yellow-brownish haze to it. I tested the screens using the same wallpapers on both and the difference was obvious.

The story is that I had the G2 with Sprint; switched to T-Mobile the week after and got the G2 with them...it was obvious out the box that the screen was subpar; I exchanged it with another G2 and even that one had the hazy screen.

Anyone notice this?

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Interesting conclusion. I'm curious how many of each you were able to use to lead to tobservation. It could be different display suppliers/subcontractors.

khanvinced

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
Interesting conclusion. I'm curious how many of each you were able to use to lead to tobservation. It could be different display suppliers/subcontractors.
I had one Sprint version; which I still have. I also had two T-Mobile versions. You should check it out and see for yourself in person using different wallpapers if you can. The difference is OBVIOUS especially towards the middle/upper part of the screen colors.

troysyx

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
This could also be just when the phones were assembled. Case in point, look at the first wave of nexus 4's that were launched and some that were sent months after. I believe it was because of the actual screen itself but i could be wrong.