Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By measy164
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Unable to save photo edits

Problem....

I took a screen shot.
    Went into my file manager (the one that came installed on the phone).
    Navigated to my screenshot.
    Opened using Photos, not gallery (so I could edit, which I have edited photos on my phone before this is just the first time this way and editing a screenshot).
    Edited and when I hit save at the top, the message of "unable to save photo edits" popped up.

Why and what can I do to stop this??

Default Re: Unable to save photo edits

I too had that problem and everytime google+ crashed.go into goggle plus setting snd turn off photo backup(my storage was full) hope this works for you

No sorry still doing it must be hit an miss software issue 😞hope an update sorts this annoying problem

ROM
    Stock 4.4.2 KitKat

Quote Originally Posted by EvinLeigh View Post
    -
    Did you try editing the screenshot with Gallery instead of Photos?

Yeah can only edit in gallery
    Thanked by:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

The exact steps I took above does not allow editing in gallery mode, only photos (using the choose action option via file manager).

BUT If I enter straight into gallery (not via file manager) I can edit AND SAVE that way.

Just dont understand WHY it is not allowing saving via Photos Via File Manager (the message I got)!!

Oh well at least I can still get what I need to get done.
    Thanked by:

Fear not everyone..its because of google plus. Go to settings,apps, and force stop google plus. Then uninstall the update. Next, go to the play store and download the new update..this worked for my g2
    Thanked by:
    Michael BG likes this.

Thank you that worked perfect !!

I too have been having this issue on my G2. I tried following the steps of stopping Google+ and re-downloading but no change. I also have noticed a few other odd things with this...

I am using Go SMS Pro and trying to get a photo set for a few contacts.

I go under the contacts, tap the picture area, I get 2 options; Take photo or select from gallery.

I choose Select from gallery and I browse to the photo, it brings up the photo editor and when I tap "done" it gives the error that the edit cannot be saved.

The odd thing is that after making this attempt, I can make a 2nd attempt and it doesn't matter what photo I choose, it always brings up the original photo that filed.

Since I am unable to accomplish this, I was also trying to get my contacts to use the facebook avatars but unable to complete this either.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanked by:

thanks it really worked ............................

God bless you.......

Quote Originally Posted by Finster32 View Post
    I too have been having this issue on my G2. I tried following the steps of stopping Google+ and re-downloading but no change. I also have noticed a few other odd things with this...

I am using Go SMS Pro and trying to get a photo set for a few contacts.

I go under the contacts, tap the picture area, I get 2 options; Take photo or select from gallery.

I choose Select from gallery and I browse to the photo, it brings up the photo editor and when I tap "done" it gives the error that the edit cannot be saved.

The odd thing is that after making this attempt, I can make a 2nd attempt and it doesn't matter what photo I choose, it always brings up the original photo that filed.

Since I am unable to accomplish this, I was also trying to get my contacts to use the facebook avatars but unable to complete this either.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    The same thing is going on with my phone. Were you able to fix it?

Quote Originally Posted by EvinLeigh View Post
    Problem....

I took a screen shot.
    Went into my file manager (the one that came installed on the phone).
    Navigated to my screenshot.
    Opened using Photos, not gallery (so I could edit, which I have edited photos on my phone before this is just the first time this way and editing a screenshot).
    Edited and when I hit save at the top, the message of "unable to save photo edits" popped up.

Why and what can I do to stop this??

My wife just got the Lg G3 we had the same issue cant save photo edit. Go into your settings apps all and disable google+. That will do it guaranteed