show text messages in lock screen mode on G2?

memmerp

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know how to enable text messages to appear on your lock screen momentarily like on IOS? I know everyone here hates Apple, but I like that feature because it allows the message to be read for a second without having to unlock your phone first. I did look in the "add widget" list moving left from the initial lock screen, but there isn't a choice to add any messaging for the most part. There are some email and useful app widgets you can add, but not what I'm looking for in the end. I wouldn't want full access to messaging anyways, that would defeat the purpose of even adding the screen lock feature in the first place. Any solutions or possible apps I could install would be helpful.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I know that in Samsung's latest Note line you can enable a 'preview' message and it shows on the lockscreen as well as in the notification bar, but I'm not sure if the LG G2 (say that out loud... twice... it's funny). However there are apps that 'emulate' the iOS pop-up system. Just search "Pop Up" or "Pop Up Messages" in Google Play and you'll find some. The first result seems quite popular:
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...net.everythingandroid.smspopup&token=XMylrBJu

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34