- 8 Posts
Windows won't recognize phone / driver
My Windows 7 PC will not recognize my LG G2 D801. I have downloaded the universal drivers listed in most root websites and it's still not working.
In the Windows Device Manager (Devices and Printers), there is a yellow triangle with an exclamation point next to it. When I click on hardware, in the Device Function Summary, the manufacturer is listed as "Unknown" and the device status states "The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)" I have tried multiple times to reset the phone, restart the computer, change USB cords (using the LG stock one now), etc. Please help. Thanks.
- 01-26-2014, 09:46 AM #2
Re: Windows won't recognize phone / driver
uninstall any LG device and/or driver from your computer (including the universal ones). Take your time and double check that you've got them all. Reboot computer, and once its back up and running, plug your phone in. It SHOULD automatically install the right driver. If it doesn't, unplug your phone, remove the driver that installed and failed. Reboot, and very carefully go through a guide for installing the universal driver. Often the problem isn't so much an incorrect driver, but rather a multiple driver conflict - too many drivers trying to work with the phone - and they get into an argument, punch each other, and then refuse to talk to each other OR the phone. Follow the guides carefully and step by step (don't jump ahead!) and you should be able to get it going
- By music_man185 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 2Last Post: 01-26-2014, 04:11 PM
- By djjeffa in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab 3Replies: 3Last Post: 01-26-2014, 03:28 AM
- By ObiWanYJ in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 3Last Post: 01-25-2014, 08:31 PM
- By michaeljc70 in forum Android 4.4 KitKatReplies: 1Last Post: 01-25-2014, 06:53 PM
- By zxphenomenalxz in forum Software Development and HackingReplies: 0Last Post: 01-25-2014, 04:27 PM