AOKP Overheating

ki11ak3nn

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm using my T-Mobile G2, rooted, and running the 2-2-14 AOKP KitKat nightly. Everything so far seems to be working well. Bluetooth, wifi, calling, texting, all that stuff. The only problem I'm having is it seems to be making my device overheat. Which drains the battery and I just end up shutting it down and letting it cool off. Is this happening to anyone else??

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm using my T-Mobile G2, rooted, and running the 2-2-14 AOKP KitKat nightly. Everything so far seems to be working well. Bluetooth, wifi, calling, texting, all that stuff. The only problem I'm having is it seems to be making my device overheat. Which drains the battery and I just end up shutting it down and letting it cool off. Is this happening to anyone else??

Don't have a G2 but it's probably the ROM causing the issue. Check your battery stats and see if there's anything keeping the phone awake. If there's nothing there then the ROM might be ramping up the CPU for whatever reason and causing it to heat uo

Posted via Android Central App

ki11ak3nn

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I checked my battery stats and they look fine. So I'm probably gonna flash a CM nightly and see the result of that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12