New T-Mobile customer and I have a question regarding JUMP

Gunnyman

Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
I switched to T-mobile a month ago and bought the G2.
I joined Jump and realize I can get a new phone in 6 months if I want one.
Here's my question:

The G2 REALLY hurts my hand to use it. I have arthritis and nerve damage in my arms/hands that causes me pain when holding the phone for more than a couple of minutes at a time.
What are my options here? Can I sell the G2 myself and pay off the balance and buy a Moto X and keep JUMP?

I'm also waiting on my last AT&T bill to submit to T-mobile for ETF pay off.

I wish I'd bought a smaller device and I'm afraid it's too late and I have to wait until July to replace it.
Any advice?

Gunnyman

Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
I realize I can sell it. But doesn't JUMP require I return it? I'm new to the whole no subsidy thing.

Posted via Android Central App

sjn5639

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
You can trade in your device and purchase a new device on EIP and keep your JUMP. Or you can sell your device and pay off your EIP and then purchase a new device on EIP and keep your JUMP. The new JUMP program went into effect Sunday and you can switch to it when you purchase a new device if you want but the new program requires half of your device value be paid off prior to upgrading. I would recommend keeping your current JUMP if you have zero down credit.

sjn5639

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm an not sure when but the new G2 mini and GS4 mini are coming so if you can you might wait for one of them to come out. Also, talk to your sales rep as they may be able to do a warranty exchange due to your phone affecting your arthritis.

Gunnyman

Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. I called Support and explained my dilemma and was told pretty much the only way out of this device is to pay it off and bring my own phone. I'm going to buy a Moto X (if they go on sale again) and Sell the G2 ASAP. A Warranty exchange was out of the question. I'm getting by for now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie