T-Mobile LG G2 - Doesn't download picture messages..

Tomas Lekis

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
So every other picture message that I receive, my phone can't download. It will have the little spinning circle which says that it's downloading but nothing will happen. If I ask the person to resend it, it will work every time.

Any idea what's causing this?

P.S. I do not use wi-fi at all.

LGElectronics

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi Tomas, Sorry to hear you are having difficulties with messaging. We would like to request some additional details for the issue you are describing. What carrier and model are you receiving the MMS from? What content are you receiving via MMS (multiple pictures, one picture, mix of content types, etc.)? We would also ask if you can provide your software version. Steps to check version linked here: LG Help: Product Support and Troubleshooting | LG USA ^SM

Tomas Lekis

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi Tomas, Sorry to hear you are having difficulties with messaging. We would like to request some additional details for the issue you are describing. What carrier and model are you receiving the MMS from? What content are you receiving via MMS (multiple pictures, one picture, mix of content types, etc.)? We would also ask if you can provide your software version. Steps to check version linked here: LG Help: Product Support and Troubleshooting | LG USA ^SM

My girlfriend has an AT&T iPhone 5s and her picture messages NEVER get through on the firs time; it just keeps saying "Downloading"
If I ask her to resend, it will always come through the second time around.

It doesn't only happen with her, other people also. If I send picture messages to them, they always get it.

My Android version is 4.2.2
My Software version is D80110g

LGElectronics

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Tomas, Thank you for providing the additional information, we will escalate this to our technical teams to investigate. In case you are not aware, there is a new software update available for your device. See the following support article for how to update LG Help: Product Support and Troubleshooting | LG USA. The update will bring your device to 4.4.2 KitKat, software version D80120a. You may be interested to know that Group Messaging is now included. Note: When you check in if your device is not yet eligible for the over the air (OTA) update it will say that the you are up to date. The software is rolling out over the next several weeks. If you would like to update now and have access to a Windows based computer, you can use the LGST (LG Mobile Support tool) to update. Please let us know if the problem persists after the update. ^SM

Ogre840

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Off topic for the original post (Though I did have a similar problem, but a factory reset solved it for me)...

I've tried the "check for update" to receive the OTA, as well as the PC Suite checks for the kitkat update, but have not had any luck. I've even tried the clearing Google Services data/cache with no luck getting the OTA. Since the rollout window is until the 25th, I'm trying to be patient, but why are there instructions to "install early" if it doesn't work 100% of the time?

LGElectronics

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi Ogre840, Appreciate the feedback on the instructions. I believe you are referring to what was posted on T-Mobile site, is that correct? We can follow-up to see if the instructions can be changed if that is the case. If your device is not yet eligible for the update, than clearing Google Services will not work. Did you also try the LG Mobile Support Tool to update? Instructions linked here: LG Help: Product Support and Troubleshooting | LG USA ^SM

Off topic for the original post (Though I did have a similar problem, but a factory reset solved it for me)...

I've tried the "check for update" to receive the OTA, as well as the PC Suite checks for the kitkat update, but have not had any luck. I've even tried the clearing Google Services data/cache with no luck getting the OTA. Since the rollout window is until the 25th, I'm trying to be patient, but why are there instructions to "install early" if it doesn't work 100% of the time?

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
My tmobile g2 has the same problem. Seems to happen more often from iphones. Doesn't seem to matter if I'm on wifi or cellular.

Posted via Android Central App

julio bernal1

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
I got the same problem with my T-Mobile lg g2 I can not receive pic form any device or carrier, after I updated my phone to kitkat , already talked to T-Mobile costumer service and they couldn't do anything... Can someone has any ideas if its a bad software or it might be problems with T-Mobile services?

Sugga_Booga

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
I upgraded to Kitkat now some of my apps do not work, I cannot connect to Wi-fi and I can't receive pictures. I do not like the fact that I cannot use both handcent(3rd party app) and my stock messaging app at the same time. I want to remove the upgrade is there any possible way to do this. I have the LG G2 on T-Mobile..

julio bernal1

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Same here after the Kitkat update my phone fails on internet sometimes and some app won't connect to internet either..
I upgraded to Kitkat now some of my apps do not work, I cannot connect to Wi-fi and I can't receive pictures. I do not like the fact that I cannot use both handcent(3rd party app) and my stock messaging app at the same time. I want to remove the upgrade is there any possible way to do this. I have the LG G2 on T-Mobile..

RandelG

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Having issues with mms pictures not being sent through handcent. Stock app seems to work. Did a reinstall of the app but still getting that annoying blue circle when sending photo attachments.

Sent from my LG-D801 using AC Forums mobile app

julio bernal1

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Seems like a lot is having the same problem... I'm pretty sure its cause the Kitkat update.. I'm still can not download pics and sometimes I'm having problems with my data too... I just speak to T-Mobile costumer service yesterday and they couldn't help me... All they said its that my best option its buy a new device or to call lg costumer service to see if they replace my device but since its been more then a year I guess my warranty has expired :( sucks I hope they fix the issues soon!!

Prncss_J

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I have been having the same issue, my phone info is the same as the original poster, I have not done the kitkat update. From what I am reading here, the update won't solve the problem either.

Is this an LG problem?

Happy_Gilmore_1

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I'm having issues with group texts. Mainly messages received from iPhones. Most responses come through as touch to download mms message. When I do that it begins to what should be receiving the message yet it does nothing and times out. I've tried messing around with APN settings with no luck. I have textra as a back to see what is going on in my group but that has it's issues as well at times. Does anyone have any useful suggestions or tips for figure this bug out? Thanks in advance. Using Tmobile LG G2, running Kit Kat non rooted.

Dizfunctions

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
Ironically I have this problem as well, but only for third party apps. The default messaging app works fine for me, so that's what I use now.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Cody Jeziorski

May 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm actually having a similar problem on my S5 from t-mobile. I will go to download something and notice that the download indicator in my status bar says that my device isn't downloading anything but it will upload all day. I've found a somwhat quick fix by just putting it into airplane mode and then just coming right out. Idk if this is the same problem but I have similar issues

GeodudeFFP

May 15, 2014
Visit site
This is a well-known problem. Try the stock messenger, or either 8sms or chompSMS (latest update has settings that address this) and see if it then works.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy