Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default KitKat random reboot

So,I waited for kit Kat. Wasn't there,checked again,(1:04am) and there it was, anywhore,twas downloading,and my g2 randomly rebooted 4 times,each time 3 little white circles showed up under the android with blue spinning **** in its belly,so the download took forever.
    After,I checked and all was fine yes I was on kit Kat 4.4.2. Cool. But now,if I click on things to fast,or try playing a song, it freezes and reboots my phone. Da fuq kit Kat, could be something else.

Any thoughts before the world has one less g2?!

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    198 Global Posts

Default re: KitKat random reboot

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Castro1 View Post
    So,I waited for kit Kat. Wasn't there,checked again,(1:04am) and there it was, anywhore,twas downloading,and my g2 randomly rebooted 4 times,each time 3 little white circles showed up under the android with blue spinning **** in its belly,so the download took forever.
    After,I checked and all was fine yes I was on kit Kat 4.4.2. Cool. But now,if I click on things to fast,or try playing a song, it freezes and reboots my phone. Da fuq kit Kat, could be something else.

Any thoughts before the world has one less g2?!

Posted via Android Central App
    Do hard reset. I always do hard reset before flashing and after. And no issues.
    Current Devices : Motorola G 16GB
    Past devices :Sony Xperia SP C5303 LTE,S3 GT-I9305,S4 mini GT-I9195, N7100,HTC One (M7),Galaxy S3, HTC One S, HTC One X (S720e), Nexus Prime - HTC Pyramid - Nexus S - Samsung Galaxy S II - HTC Desire S - HTC Desire HD - HTC Desire Z - HTC HD2 - HTC Topaz - HTC Touch HD - HTC Touch Pro - HTC Diamond.

I'm getting 1-5 random reboots on kitkat. Running stock kitkat with SU added. Phone was brand new before updating. Curious if this is wide spread.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

my g2 is stock. never rooted. nothing. 4.4 update was downloading,and my g2 rebooted mid download . then the update continued but 3 white balls were under the green android.
    after the update was done,i kept getting random re boots. like close to 25 or more a day. the screen will flash black then show the lg logo,then the white t mobile boot animation with the little sound will come on.

also it will reboot if i do the following

unlock the phone
    knock on
    facebook
    youtube

but mostly it will just do it on its own. it reboots fast like 3 sec

also a strange sidenote when i turn my phone off to just turn it off . the lg logo comes on and the sound comes on but shuts off mid turn off.

Try to get into the settings and do a factory reset if you can. Also, try to get LG backup loaded and back everything up first if the phone will let you

-Adam-
    Sent from my LG-LS980.