T-Mobile LG G2: post KitKat issues

Bentley Callahan

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
Phone worked flawlessly until after kitkat upgrade:

(A) "process com.google.process.gapps has stopped" - seemingly resolved by factory reset at T-Mobile support request.

(B) random audio that should be playing out of speakers is playing out of earpiece.

(C) once random calls have been answered with swipe, speakerphone is engaged, though not selected in phone app... misdirected' audio from earpiece to speakers much like/ related to issue (B)??

(D) knock on to wake doesn't work consistently. Recalibrating sensors via settings seems to fix; but almost daily occurrence

(E) this morning, 3/18, no carrier signal registering. Power cycling led to no resolve. Ultimately has to hard reset for 2nd time in a week since upgrade.

T-Mobile sending replacement handset just in case not kitkat issue; but NONE of these things happened prior to install of kitkat.

Last edited by a moderator:

edfranco1

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: post kitkat issues

How about your Google Now "hotword" is it working after kitkat?
I updated and got a similar issue (process com.google.process.gapps has stopped ) I haven't noticed anything else that you have described other then the fact that I can't get the OK Google hot word to work anymore.

Joseph Howle

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Bought my phone last Wednesday, updated game day. No issues noted. Of course I installed when my phone had just been setup at the store. Perhaps I was successful because I had no added software yet. Try a factory wipe and see if that clears up the issue.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm