Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default T-Mobile LG G2: post KitKat issues

Phone worked flawlessly until after kitkat upgrade:

(A) "process com.google.process.gapps has stopped" - seemingly resolved by factory reset at T-Mobile support request.

(B) random audio that should be playing out of speakers is playing out of earpiece.

(C) once random calls have been answered with swipe, speakerphone is engaged, though not selected in phone app... misdirected' audio from earpiece to speakers much like/ related to issue (B)??

(D) knock on to wake doesn't work consistently. Recalibrating sensors via settings seems to fix; but almost daily occurrence

(E) this morning, 3/18, no carrier signal registering. Power cycling led to no resolve. Ultimately has to hard reset for 2nd time in a week since upgrade.

T-Mobile sending replacement handset just in case not kitkat issue; but NONE of these things happened prior to install of kitkat.
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-20-2014 at 05:51 PM.

Default Re: post kitkat issues

How about your Google Now "hotword" is it working after kitkat?
    I updated and got a similar issue (process com.google.process.gapps has stopped ) I haven't noticed anything else that you have described other then the fact that I can't get the OK Google hot word to work anymore.

Default Re: post kitkat issues

won't work for me either. I have to tap the mic

Global Posts
    614 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.1.1

Default Re: T-Mobile LG G2: post KitKat issues

Any fix for the Google music bug? Driving me nuts

Posted via G2 + Nova

Default Re: T-Mobile LG G2: post KitKat issues

Bought my phone last Wednesday, updated game day. No issues noted. Of course I installed when my phone had just been setup at the store. Perhaps I was successful because I had no added software yet. Try a factory wipe and see if that clears up the issue.