Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RiaHannam
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default T-Mobile LG G2: After KitKat update - bluetooth streaming displays wrong song info

Just updated to KitKat today. So far okay however when I stream my music in my vehicle (2012 Honda Odyssey) the music info in the vehicle display does not show the correct information. Instead it shows the NEXT song to play, not the current one. I've never had this problem before - until Kit Kat. I re-started the phone, the vehicle, re-paired the phone but it still happens consistently every time.
    Is there something else I can try? Anyone else having this issue?
    I use Google Play. I don't know if the stock music player does this. I will try that out and see.
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-22-2014 at 10:33 PM.

Default Re: T-Mobile LG G2: After KitKat update - bluetooth streaming displays wrong song info

Quote Originally Posted by RiaHannam View Post
    Just updated to KitKat today. So far okay however when I stream my music in my vehicle (2012 Honda Odyssey) the music info in the vehicle display does not show the correct information. Instead it shows the NEXT song to play, not the current one. I've never had this problem before - until Kit Kat. I re-started the phone, the vehicle, re-paired the phone but it still happens consistently every time.
    Is there something else I can try? Anyone else having this issue?
    I use Google Play. I don't know if the stock music player does this. I will try that out and see.
    OK I thought i was a little crazy because I started a thread about this and got no response. I just bought a Honda CRV 2014 and have the same issue. Have an AT&T lg g2 on 4.4.2. Same issue wrong song usually displaying the next song which is a little odd because it manages to do it even on shuffle. Maybe it is a Honda issue.

I also use Google music as the stock music player.

ಠ益ಠ
    ಠ益ಠ

Default Re: T-Mobile LG G2: After KitKat update - bluetooth streaming displays wrong song info

Also if you try the stock music player report back. I keep meaning to do it and always forget.

ಠ益ಠ
    ಠ益ಠ
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I tried the stock LG player really quickly - and guess what? It displays songs correctly. I tried Google Play - and it still displays one song ahead. Seems there is some glitch with KK and GP is my guess but I wonder if it's only with Hondas?

Try the stock player in your CRV and see what you get. I'm going to test it out more when I head out shortly.

.... and no, you are not a little crazy!
    Thanked by:
    Illustrator Joe likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by RiaHannam View Post
    I tried the stock LG player really quickly - and guess what? It displays songs correctly. I tried Google Play - and it still displays one song ahead. Seems there is some glitch with KK and GP is my guess but I wonder if it's only with Hondas?

Try the stock player in your CRV and see what you get. I'm going to test it out more when I head out shortly.

.... and no, you are not a little crazy!
    OK thanks for following up. I will test it tomorrow and report back. I like Google music but I can live with the stock player if I have to.

ಠ益ಠ
    ಠ益ಠ

OK, I tried the stock music this player this morning and it works great. It displays the correct song immediately every time. So looks like I am going to stick with it. It really isn't that bad, I like how you can customize the tabs at the top, but not a huge fan how it organizes some of my music, but thats a minor issue.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Yes it's better than I thought too. I like how it displays the current song, AND the playlist side by side (I use my phone during workouts to listen to music also). I'm going to switch over and give the stock player a serious spin too. Hopefully the GP will get some update to fix this bug.
    Thanked by: