- 25 Posts
Letters next to data arrows in status bar?
Does anyone know what the letters mean that pop up in the status bar next to the downloading/uploading data arrows? Usually it's either an "H" or an "E". I have been searching for an answer all over the place but I got nothing. I've enclosed a screenshot for reference. This pic shows the H. I feel like there's probably a really simple answer for this & feel like a jacka** for asking but it's really bugging me. Thanks.
- 04-16-2014, 12:00 AM #2
- 04-16-2014, 08:38 AM #3
Re: Letters next to data arrows in status bar?
It shows your active mobile data connection, it should be H or H+ all the time...
LTE or 4G = Well, LTE connection
H+ = HSPA+21 or HSPA+42, High Speed data connection (3G+, sometimes incorrectly called 4G, data connection)
H = HSPA connection, a standard 3G GSM connection
E = EDGE, this is 2G EDGE network connection
If in doubt, grab Network Signal Info app by KAIBITS Software from the Play Store, it's screen may help the icons make more sense and give you a better understanding of your network connection.
- By Jdt0109 in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 21Last Post: 11-26-2014, 09:19 PM
- By Grokr in forum AT&TReplies: 5Last Post: 04-19-2014, 01:29 AM
- By bill lynott in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 4Last Post: 04-16-2014, 10:56 AM
- By vlstewart56 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 4Last Post: 04-16-2014, 12:13 AM
- By here4kids in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 1Last Post: 04-15-2014, 10:08 PM