Upside down Tear Drop Icon in Status Bar for T-Mobile LG G2

jmditrapani

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know what the upside down tear drop looking icon is in the status bar? I have never seen this icon before and all of a sudden it started appearing on my status bar. It seems to come and go. I cannot find anywhere that tells me what this icon is. In this screen shot, the icon between the "E" and the grayed out Bluetooth icon.

Screenshot_2014-04-20-17-48-01.jpg

Last edited:

jmditrapani

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi Thank you. I was thinking it was something like that, but what I don't understand is that I turned my location services off in the settings but I am still seeing this icon. I'm wondering why I would be seeing it if location services are off? Also, why does it come and go? Thanks so much for your help!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is it Location Reporting that you've turned off, or all of Location? If you look at the Settings>Location menu, there should be a master switch at the top, which completely turns off Location. If you look lower on that screen, there's Location Reporting, which is different--if this is turned off, GPS still works.

GeodudeFFP

May 15, 2014
Visit site
The "N" indicates that near-field communication (NFC) is turned on; turn off unless/until you need it.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith