Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By mc4nam
  • 2 Post By headhoncho89
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    312 Global Posts

Default Is $348.00 USD a good price for a new G2 through T-Mobile? What did you pay?

I am a 12 year T-Mobile customer and because I am so loyal this new non contract plan actually hurts me I guess. I got my S3 free from them 18 months ago. Phone was $200 but they applies $200 in credits to me account to make it free. Then I was locked into a 2 year contract.

The LG G2 is $448 when you call in or $424 if you order online. I called in and they offered me $100 off of $448 to make it $348

Can you guys share what you paid? Should I just jump on this $348 because it is a great deal? Should I call in again and try a different loyalty rep?
    I know some people are going to say just wait on the G3 but I am sure it will be $600 or more.

Also, I will be on the jump plan so I can get a different phone in 6 months anyways. Thanks in advance for all replies and suggestions.

Global Posts
    527 Global Posts

Default Re: Is $348.00 USD a good price for a new G2 through T-Mobile? What did you pay?

That is an excellent deal. Off contract price on most other carriers is $499 so you're getting $151 off the retail price. Even with the release of the latest flagships (S5 and HTC One (M8)) the G2 stacks up very well against them: 2.26 GHz Quad Core Snapdragon 800, 2 GB RAM, 32 GB Storage (no expansion), Now upgraded to KitKat 4.4.2, excellent radios (best I've ever had - haven't owned a Moto yet), Most of the annoyances of the LG UI can be fixed/ignored through an 3rd party Launcher (Nova/Apex), a great 13 MP camera with Optical Image Stabilization (OIS), superb 5.2" 1080p IPS LCD display, nicely sized for such a large screen with small bezels (smaller than a GS4 and way smaller than a GS5 or HTC One (M8)and the best battery life of any phone except maybe a Note 3 and a Droid Maxx, the back mounted power and volume buttons are something you will get used to (if you can't then take it back). This is still a great phone 9 months after release and you can't say that about many phones. At the price you're quoting the G2 is a steal and it is a Global handset so you can use it overseas. I paid $139 on contract with Verizon and it has dropped as low as $49 on contract but right now the off contract price (as on most carriers) is still $499 (don't expect it to drop much lower than that especially if LG stops making them with the release of the G3.

Default Re: Is $348.00 USD a good price for a new G2 through T-Mobile? What did you pay?

$348 is a great deal. People are buying used for ~300 on Craigslist and 355 on Glyde.

Sent from my G2 running Carbon 4.4.2
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    312 Global Posts

Thanks for the input. I am jumping on the deal tomorrow. Hopefully it comes to me with Kit Kat.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    312 Global Posts

I joined the LG G2 crowd today. Here is the deal I got. Phone was $448.00 plus tax. Total of $484.96. I got $100 off of the phone, free overnight shipping, and a $5 a month credit for 6 months
    to offset the taxes. I will have to pay the taxes up front on my 1st bill and I will be billed $14.50 a month for 24 months for the phone. Basically will pay $350 total for the phone.

I am also on the jump plan for protection and if I decide that the G3 is as amazing as it seems to like it may be I can Jump in September.

How the heck did you get that deal..I just bought mine 2 weeks ago by calling in and they did not offer me any deal. I paid $448
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    312 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by headhoncho89 View Post
    How the heck did you get that deal..I just bought mine 2 weeks ago by calling in and they did not offer me any deal. I paid $448
    1. Been with them 12 years
    2. Get on the phone with Loyalty
    3. Tell them I miss subsidized phones because I don't leave contracts and the phone is free with other carriers and if I do the math I might get a better deal by leaving
    4. Don't accept the 1st two offers they give you. (1st was $50 off, 2nd was $10 off a month for 6 months)
    5. They offered $100 off and $5 off a month for 6 months and I took it.

Good job negotiating
    douglasbnorton and mc4nam like this.

thats such a good deal. I thought $448 (what i paid in the store a week ago) was a good deal and i am COMPLETELY happy with it.. You got a gift!! take it and run!!! lol

Nicely done! I had a lot of issues with my phone and got on the phone with loyalty, and now I have a free upgrade for my next phone, though I'm not sure I'll upgrade from the G2 thorniest because the phone is too damn amazing.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

thats a great deal, i did mine through tmo for switch offer and paid about 528 or so. best phone i've owned thus far. i'd do that.

The g2 is now $398 outright from Tmo

I just picked up the G2 from TMo last Friday. Decided to do the monthly EIP for $16.60 a month, but it comes out to $398.40 so $348 is a heck of a lot better.

I just purchased my g2 yesterday for 390 I paid my half off of my z1s just to get this device for the price ad this phone is definitely worth it.

Posted via Android Central App

Awesome price for a great phone. I kinda wish the next version wasn't bigger. I don't like this trend of phones getting larger and it seems most are headed in that direction. I'm eligible for a jump but I am not liking anything Tmobile is offering.

I paid $600.00 for mine...in September

I'm on prepaid and went into a corporate store. I expected th phone to be the same price as the website which is 398. It rang up as 479 instead and was told the 398 is a postpaid price. The rep helped me out after she had already opened the box and popped my SIM inside. I don't see anywhere only online where it says there are two different prices.