Is $348.00 USD a good price for a new G2 through T-Mobile? What did you pay?

mc4nam

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
I am a 12 year T-Mobile customer and because I am so loyal this new non contract plan actually hurts me I guess. I got my S3 free from them 18 months ago. Phone was $200 but they applies $200 in credits to me account to make it free. Then I was locked into a 2 year contract.

The LG G2 is $448 when you call in or $424 if you order online. I called in and they offered me $100 off of $448 to make it $348

Can you guys share what you paid? Should I just jump on this $348 because it is a great deal? Should I call in again and try a different loyalty rep?
I know some people are going to say just wait on the G3 but I am sure it will be $600 or more.

Also, I will be on the jump plan so I can get a different phone in 6 months anyways. Thanks in advance for all replies and suggestions.

trivor

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
That is an excellent deal. Off contract price on most other carriers is $499 so you're getting $151 off the retail price. Even with the release of the latest flagships (S5 and HTC One (M8)) the G2 stacks up very well against them: 2.26 GHz Quad Core Snapdragon 800, 2 GB RAM, 32 GB Storage (no expansion), Now upgraded to KitKat 4.4.2, excellent radios (best I've ever had - haven't owned a Moto yet), Most of the annoyances of the LG UI can be fixed/ignored through an 3rd party Launcher (Nova/Apex), a great 13 MP camera with Optical Image Stabilization (OIS), superb 5.2" 1080p IPS LCD display, nicely sized for such a large screen with small bezels (smaller than a GS4 and way smaller than a GS5 or HTC One (M8)and the best battery life of any phone except maybe a Note 3 and a Droid Maxx, the back mounted power and volume buttons are something you will get used to (if you can't then take it back). This is still a great phone 9 months after release and you can't say that about many phones. At the price you're quoting the G2 is a steal and it is a Global handset so you can use it overseas. I paid $139 on contract with Verizon and it has dropped as low as $49 on contract but right now the off contract price (as on most carriers) is still $499 (don't expect it to drop much lower than that especially if LG stops making them with the release of the G3.

mc4nam

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
I joined the LG G2 crowd today. Here is the deal I got. Phone was $448.00 plus tax. Total of $484.96. I got $100 off of the phone, free overnight shipping, and a $5 a month credit for 6 months
to offset the taxes. I will have to pay the taxes up front on my 1st bill and I will be billed $14.50 a month for 24 months for the phone. Basically will pay $350 total for the phone.

I am also on the jump plan for protection and if I decide that the G3 is as amazing as it seems to like it may be I can Jump in September.

mc4nam

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
How the heck did you get that deal..I just bought mine 2 weeks ago by calling in and they did not offer me any deal. I paid $448

1. Been with them 12 years
2. Get on the phone with Loyalty
3. Tell them I miss subsidized phones because I don't leave contracts and the phone is free with other carriers and if I do the math I might get a better deal by leaving
4. Don't accept the 1st two offers they give you. (1st was $50 off, 2nd was $10 off a month for 6 months)
5. They offered $100 off and $5 off a month for 6 months and I took it.

frettfreak

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
thats such a good deal. I thought $448 (what i paid in the store a week ago) was a good deal and i am COMPLETELY happy with it.. You got a gift!! take it and run!!! lol

Dizfunctions

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
Nicely done! I had a lot of issues with my phone and got on the phone with loyalty, and now I have a free upgrade for my next phone, though I'm not sure I'll upgrade from the G2 thorniest because the phone is too damn amazing.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

bigschmidtyky

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
I just picked up the G2 from TMo last Friday. Decided to do the monthly EIP for $16.60 a month, but it comes out to $398.40 so $348 is a heck of a lot better.

Lambertoid

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I just purchased my g2 yesterday for 390 I paid my half off of my z1s just to get this device for the price ad this phone is definitely worth it.

Posted via Android Central App

anon(5002059)

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Awesome price for a great phone. I kinda wish the next version wasn't bigger. I don't like this trend of phones getting larger and it seems most are headed in that direction. I'm eligible for a jump but I am not liking anything Tmobile is offering.

juststart

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm on prepaid and went into a corporate store. I expected th phone to be the same price as the website which is 398. It rang up as 479 instead and was told the 398 is a postpaid price. The rep helped me out after she had already opened the box and popped my SIM inside. I don't see anywhere only online where it says there are two different prices.