- 1 Posts
T-Mobile LG G2 Boot Loop
After trying a new camera hack for the LG G2, my phone turned black and then entered a boot loop. For about 5 hours now I have been trying several methods and can't seem to get things to work.
1) When I try a hard reset (Vol Down + Power) and press power twice to confirm it cancels. It says "Erasing" then "Installing System Update" when it gets cut off then the phone resumes a boot loop.
2) My phone doesn't have CWM or TWRP so I cannot get into a Recovery mode to reset the phone.
3) The download mode works but I have only Macs and they cannot seem to identify my phone. I've tried drivers and the LG Suite with no success. All programs seem to be for windows.
I'm really upset by all this. Is there any suggestions as to what to do? Forums say as long as you can get it into Download Mode it should be able to fix a soft brick. Please and Thank You
- 05-19-2014, 01:26 AM #2
- 1,054 Posts
Re: T-Mobile LG G2 Boot Loop
The G2 is rooted but doesn't have custom recovery?
You can fix a soft brick by flashing the stock software using LG flash tool. There's a guide on xda developers. You'll need to use Windows. Just make sure to use the correct firmware file for T-Mobile G2.
Sent from my G2 running SOKP
- By Canceh Baws Mastah in forum Android 4.0 Ice Cream SandwichReplies: 2Last Post: 09-20-2014, 11:34 PM
- By Murph5150 in forum LG G3Replies: 5Last Post: 05-19-2014, 11:36 AM
- By Brunnaso in forum HTC One (M8)Replies: 7Last Post: 05-19-2014, 12:11 AM
- By Evildeadguy81 in forum Moto X (2013)Replies: 0Last Post: 05-18-2014, 02:06 AM
- By won_don in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 1Last Post: 05-17-2014, 06:47 PM