Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    397 Global Posts

Default G2 turning off data roaming

I have a G2 that I just got a few days ago before I came to Kuwait, and it keeps turning off data roaming whenever I'm connected to WiFi. Is this a known bug or just something the phone is programmed to do? Because once I leave the area that has WiFi it stays turned off and I have to manually turn it back on.
    Banned

Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

Default Re: G2 turning off data roaming

Quote Originally Posted by 5tephen View Post
    I have a G2 that I just got a few days ago before I came to Kuwait, and it keeps turning off data roaming whenever I'm connected to WiFi. Is this a known bug or just something the phone is programmed to do? Because once I leave the area that has WiFi it stays turned off and I have to manually turn it back on.
    Well, try going to the settings>wireless settings>more settings>mobile network and check the connect to data services in roaming and yes one more thing when you are connected to the WiFi network then data connection will automatically put to the switch off mode. This is not a bug but rather than its more like a helping hand in saving your data as well as battery juice as data services drain battery much more faster than the WiFi.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    397 Global Posts

Default Re: G2 turning off data roaming

I know how to turn it back on, I just never had a phone automatically switch it off like that. I had an HTC One and it never did that while I was outside the US.