Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By elit1
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Contacts are not syncing to google on my lg g2

Hi,
    My contacts on my t-mobile lg g2 are not syncing to my google account. It is checked off in the sync list and there is no error message or anything like that. All my email contacts have synced to my phone but none of my phone contacts have synced to google. I have spent forever on the phone with T-mobile and Google to no avial. Any suggestions?
    Thanks!

Default Re: Contacts are not syncing to google on my lg g2

Welcome to Android Central! Check the details of those contacts that aren't syncing--are they actually associated with your Google account, or with a Phone Account? If the latter, then they won't sync with Google. See this guide for more info: [GUIDE] Getting Started with Android (2014), Part III: Managing Contacts
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Welcome to Android Central! Check the details of those contacts that aren't syncing--are they actually associated with your Google account, or with a Phone Account? If the latter, then they won't sync with Google. See this guide for more info: [GUIDE] Getting Started with Android (2014), Part III: Managing Contacts
    Wow thank you pretty pathetic that a Google tech support rep didn't know that. But just to make sure I understood you: since all my contacts were transferred to the phone from an iPhone and are saved as a phone contact not to Google they are not syncing? Also there is no way to fix that other than exporting it and importing into Google?

Yes, Phone Account contacts won't sync to Google. I think they're saved to the SIM card. Although they don't sync to Google, they can sometime sync to Outlook and other programs using 3rd party programs (like HTC Sync, for example). But the Phone Account is totally useless if you keep all of your contacts in the Google cloud. As far as I know, you have to export the contacts and then import them into Google.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thank you!
    B. Diddy likes this.

Global Posts
    2,028 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Yes, Phone Account contacts won't sync to Google. I think they're saved to the SIM card. Although they don't sync to Google, they can sometime sync to Outlook and other programs using 3rd party programs (like HTC Sync, for example). But the Phone Account is totally useless if you keep all of your contacts in the Google cloud. As far as I know, you have to export the contacts and then import them into Google.
    Not true, this happened to me recently and all I did was sign out and sign into my Google account and everything was working fine again. However, I lost all my contacts that I added after this issue happened but I readded them and it synced fine.

Quote Originally Posted by luqman24 View Post
    Not true, this happened to me recently and all I did was sign out and sign into my Google account and everything was working fine again. However, I lost all my contacts that I added after this issue happened but I readded them and it synced fine.
    Can you be more specific as to what's not true? Are you saying that your Phone Account contacts sync with Google?