Contacts are not syncing to google on my lg g2

elit1

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
My contacts on my t-mobile lg g2 are not syncing to my google account. It is checked off in the sync list and there is no error message or anything like that. All my email contacts have synced to my phone but none of my phone contacts have synced to google. I have spent forever on the phone with T-mobile and Google to no avial. Any suggestions?
Thanks!

elit1

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Check the details of those contacts that aren't syncing--are they actually associated with your Google account, or with a Phone Account? If the latter, then they won't sync with Google. See this guide for more info: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...-android-2014-part-iii-managing-contacts.html
Wow thank you pretty pathetic that a Google tech support rep didn't know that. But just to make sure I understood you: since all my contacts were transferred to the phone from an iPhone and are saved as a phone contact not to Google they are not syncing? Also there is no way to fix that other than exporting it and importing into Google?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Yes, Phone Account contacts won't sync to Google. I think they're saved to the SIM card. Although they don't sync to Google, they can sometime sync to Outlook and other programs using 3rd party programs (like HTC Sync, for example). But the Phone Account is totally useless if you keep all of your contacts in the Google cloud. As far as I know, you have to export the contacts and then import them into Google.

luqman24

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Yes, Phone Account contacts won't sync to Google. I think they're saved to the SIM card. Although they don't sync to Google, they can sometime sync to Outlook and other programs using 3rd party programs (like HTC Sync, for example). But the Phone Account is totally useless if you keep all of your contacts in the Google cloud. As far as I know, you have to export the contacts and then import them into Google.

Not true, this happened to me recently and all I did was sign out and sign into my Google account and everything was working fine again. However, I lost all my contacts that I added after this issue happened but I readded them and it synced fine.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Not true, this happened to me recently and all I did was sign out and sign into my Google account and everything was working fine again. However, I lost all my contacts that I added after this issue happened but I readded them and it synced fine.

Can you be more specific as to what's not true? Are you saying that your Phone Account contacts sync with Google?

Aleko Onezashvili

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
I think the main problem is that LG G2 does not have an option to save new contacts by default to google instead of phone.You always have to control where you are saving new contacts

BuPhilOh

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
Thank you Aleko and B. Diddy. I found that the accounts I've been adding to my LG G3 are only associated with the phone. Once I changed this to an association with my Google account by editing each contact they sync'd just fine. Yay! Another mystery solved.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs