Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Snowy Screen After Repair?

Hello All,

I have been looking to find answers to this issue and hopefully someone has a guess. I cracked the screen on my G2 a while back and opted to order a replacement screen for my device. It arrived seemingly in good condition. I followed all steps to replace the screen and ribbon cable. The screen powers on, but all I get is white snow. Could it be a defective screen or is it likely that I did something else wrong?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Default Re: Snowy Screen After Repair?

Welcome to Android Central! Where did you find the steps on how to replace the screen? Can you take the phone apart again and double check your connections? Ultimately, you may have to bring the phone to a repair shop to have them check the installation.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thank you for the welcome! I watched numerous instructional videos on YouTube demonstrating the steps. I believe I followed all correct steps and did disassemble and attempt a second reassemble after it didn't work the first time, but got the same result the second time around.

Hello, I was curious if you ever found solution? I'm having the same exact problem. I'd appreciate any input.
    Thanks.