Disappointed...

ircactus

Oct 8, 2009
Visit site
I got this phone right when it came out, but it's been nothing but a disappointment to me. Anyone else feel the same?

I gotta say, I sold mine off. Was a little on the slow side. Specially if you ran a home replacement of any kind. Compound that by the total lack of update to current O/S etc. That's 2 for 2 on T-Mobile.

Don't get me wrong. The phone actually runs Ok if it's running stock without replacements and not overloaded with a ton of apps etc.

Just a bit sad really. I wanted to like this phone but in the end moved on a while ago.

AnAm85

May 14, 2010
Visit site
The damn comercials sold it, but when I got it I loved it. Now I notice it's slower and STILL waiting on the 2.1 OS update... Hear that? It's crickets chirping...

bcaprara

May 13, 2010
Visit site
My runs good, but I have a minimum of apps. Google Voice just KILLS the battery and there is just something about it that I don't like.

Good thing my contracts up and I pre ordered a Evo:D

xarophti

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
I like the MyTouch, I'm just a little annoyed that not 6 months after getting it, not only does the second version come out with the 3.5 jack, but so does the N1.

wezra

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
I got this phone right when it came out, but it's been nothing but a disappointment to me. Anyone else feel the same?

Be troubled not. I picked up the Slide on Tuesday at my T-Mobile store and 2.1 is fantastic! I have a feeling it will transform the standard 3Gs and bring new life to them. What might be happening is that they are going to jump over 2.1 and go right to 2.2 for the update on the standard 3Gs. Why go to 2.1 and then upgrade again to 2.2? Of course, you might have to have 2.1 on the phone to upgrade to 2.2... who knows what codes, etc. are in 2.1 that are required to upgrade to 2.2. None-the-less, I would hang in there for a bit and see what the 3G does when upgraded to 2.1 or hopefully, 2.2.

metalwraith

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
I have the 3G and so far no issues to gripe about other than the ad card disconnecting sometimes.

Running OpenHome full w/ 6 of the 7 screens used up. And loaded with plenty of apps on it. Plus it's rooted w/ the default is.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G using Tapatalk

Reciprocal

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
i have no major problems with the mytouch. running Froyo on it and the phone itself is pretty fast even with a bunch of apps on it. much better than when it was stock 1.6

cant complain about speed either. data connection gives me about 3Mbps downloads so im able to get my music, podcasts, and youtube vids fairly quickly.

i kinda wish people who complain about this phone would give thorough explanations as to what exactly is wrong with it. there could be a software issue causing it to perform less than normal or a defect that needs to be brought to the attention of T-Mobile....