how to

li2327

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
If you're using tmobile they now require a data plan for activation. Not sure if wifi will work for all its features.

xs11e

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I guess the problem is how to get past the initial screens, I don't know how to do that. I had to log onto my gmail account and do the basic setup with my MyTouch 3G which requires an internet connection which requires a SIM card with a data plan *before* I could bring up the WiFi setup and connect to my home Wifi. If there's a way to set up the WiFi connection w/o a data plan I can't find out how to do this????

FWIW, I just set up my WiFi connection on my BlackBerry w/o a SIM card so if the BB can do it why can't the Android?

NOTE: The MT3G probably can, I just can't figure it out.

anon(19758)

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
If you are referring to the screen where you tap the android to activate, it can be bypassed by tapping all four cornets of the screen in the following order: top left, top right, bottom right, bottom left.

By the bottom corners, I mean just above the buttons, still in the black part of the screen.

Sent from my Droid X using Tapatalk

xs11e

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Good to know, thanks! I haven't tried it (I'd hate to wipe and have to redo everything!) but that should let me get to the WiFi setup, right?

Had to try it! Doesn't work... <sigh>

We still love you but that may only work on some phones?

NOTE TO SELF:
DO NOT EVER(!) WIPE PHONE!
Since I can't get a reliable connection in my house and since I can't bypass the login screen, I have to enter my Gmail account information and then walk a block or so to get a 3G or EDGE connection before I can log on and only then can I get my WiFi connection working.

That really sucks, I need to be able to wipe, connect to WiFi and THEN do the gmail log on...

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay