Backup and Email help for Newbie...

xs11e

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Hi, Android newbie here, have My Touch 3g (old one w/o the earphone jack.)

I'm coming from BlackBerries and I'm looking for some similar functions....
On the BB I can elect to save an email, it goes to a special folder and I can then delete the email from the email app. I'm using both Gmail and a pop3 server and can't find how to save an email in either.

Next, I want to back up the phone. With a BB I have BBSAK and DM, etc. that will allow me to completely wipe the phone, re-install the OS and then restore all my applications, email, etc.

Does anything like that exist for my phone? I really don't need to do a complete wipe and re-install the OS but I'd like to be able to restore the apps, contacts, phonebook, calendar, etc.

Thanks!

xs11e

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Anyone?

I found Lookout which will backup and restore my phonebook, calendar so that's a partial solution....

The email thing, if unresolved, will result in me reactivating the BB 9700 and the MyTouch going on Craig's List over the weekend, it makes the phone unusable for my purposes.

xs11e

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
K9 does what I want for email, I'm *almost* ready to declare the phone usable.....

Wow, battery life is really bad.....

Last edited:

xs11e

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm, surprise there are no answers? Doesn't really matter, battery life and no UMA have resulted in me re-activating my BB 9700.

There's some good things about android but a phone w/o UMA is not usable to me, neither is battery life of less than one day.